+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got the mail today that i got rejected

dineshks2003

Mar 3, 2011
i applies for the second time for the PR. ISENT THE APPLICATION LAST DECEMBER. today following is the maili got::::;;

(This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) codes: 6242 – Cooks, and 6241- Chefs. Although these NOC codes correspond to the occupations specified in the Instructions identified by the Minister, you have not provided sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties.
After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 6241 and 6242. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a Cook – 6242, or a Chef - 6241.)

i am working as cook for 11 years i have provided all the necassary documents for that but still my application is rejected can one help me i dont understand this mail. i am woo]rried alot now. should i go to any agent for reapplying the appication againc can any one give me a good agent who taked care of immigartion work more effictively than me pls help me

bonny

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with other docs
File Transfer...
Los Angeles on November 8, 2011/started processing January 18, 2012
Med's Request
MR Received on Feb 07, 2012 (Dated Feb 02, 2012)
Med's Done....
Feb 10, 2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 02, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
May 01, 2012
Sorry to hear that. May be you can re-apply. But first make sure you prepare your experience letters indicating exactly the same duties and responsibilities stated on their NOC descriptions for chef/cook. If you want to re-apply you may want to start asap, since they are planning to make changes soon.

Which visa office did you apply to?

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Really sorry to learn about your case. Certainly you can think of reapply provided the areas of rejection highlighted in you letter been addressed properly. Well the OP6 manuals are self instructive and one can just follow that to complete the application but someone might advise you to go for IMM agent. However, Its rather better for post June 2010 applicant as most of the rejection outcome made from the CIC and one get enough time to think of reapply.. Whether there are many instances when on pre June 2010 applicants had to face this kind of rejection even multiple years which has really been more devastating...

S

shibuya

Apply immediately before June since ur Cap has still not reached 1000 and next after June Ielts scoring will have minimum requirement.

rudolf

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
dineshks2003 said:
i applies for the second time for the PR. ISENT THE APPLICATION LAST DECEMBER. today following is the maili got::::;;

(This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker. I have now completed the assessment of your application and have determined that you are not eligible for processing in this category for the following reason(s):

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued Instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010. Only applicants who meet the criteria specified in these Ministerial Instructions are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
You have indicated that you have work experience in an occupation with the following NOC (National Occupational Classification) codes: 6242 – Cooks, and 6241- Chefs. Although these NOC codes correspond to the occupations specified in the Instructions identified by the Minister, you have not provided sufficient evidence that you performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC, including all of the essential duties.
After taking into consideration the work experience supporting documentation on file, I am not satisfied that you have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation or that you performed a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 6241 and 6242. As such, I am not satisfied that you are a Cook – 6242, or a Chef - 6241.)

i am working as cook for 11 years i have provided all the necassary documents for that but still my application is rejected can one help me i dont understand this mail. i am woried alot now. should i go to any agent for reapplying the appication againc can any one give me a good agent who taked care of immigartion work more effictively than me pls help me
you're not alone :'(! i got the same refusal letter, we're just under different NOC.What's more disappointing w/ my case is that i hired a consultancy agent to review my application thoroughly, to check for some flaws if there is, to guide & direct me, but they didn't function as their name "consultant" implies, they just encoded the application forms, or i can say they just acted as my "secretary", they didn't even inform me that the employment cert. must contain the job description etc... that is really needed. That's why i just submitted the ordinary employment cert., that's it the VO were not convinced that i'm truly is a RN.Ridiculous!That's why i have no other choice but to wait for june for the reopening of my NOC because right now it has reached its cap. So sad...But there are some agencies that really are functioning well & rendering their maximum help. Goodluck to us.

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
rudolf said:
you're not alone :'(! i got the same refusal letter, we're just under different NOC.What's more disappointing w/ my case is that i hired a consultancy agent to review my application thoroughly, to check for some flaws if there is, to guide & direct me, but they didn't function as their name "consultant" implies, they just encoded the application forms, or i can say they just acted as my "secretary", they didn't even inform me that the employment cert. must contain the job description etc... that is really needed. That's why i just submitted the ordinary employment cert., that's it the VO were not convinced that i'm truly is a RN.Ridiculous!That's why i have no other choice but to wait for june for the reopening of my NOC because right now it has reached its cap. So sad...But there are some agencies that really are functioning well & rendering their maximum help. Goodluck to us.
Although I feel sorry that your application was rejected and I wish the very best for everyone on this forum, I cant help but say that the rejection of your application was your fault. You did not do enough homework before applying, did not take the pain to read through the instructions about feeling up the forms. And your consultant did a poor job but you failed to ensure the quality checks on his\her work.
Your mistake was to trust the consultant blindly.. plz try to avoid such errors when you apply again. Also read through the guides posted on CIC website and post any of your queries on this forum.

Sapana

ajay4nicky

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 may 2010
Doc's Request.
28 september 2010
Nomination.....
first aor email 28-09-10
AOR Received.
second aor 16 jan 2011 by regular mail
IELTS Request
6.5 already sent
Med's Request
15 nov.2013
Med's Done....
27 nov 2013
Passport Req..
15 nov 13
VISA ISSUED...
rprf encashed date 06-01-2014
dineshks2003 said:

i am working as cook for 11 years i have provided all the necassary documents for that but still my application is rejected can one help me i dont understand this mail. i am woo]rried alot now. should i go to any agent for reapplying the appication againc can any one give me a good agent who taked care of immigartion work more effictively than me pls help me
hallo dear

it is very sad that you got a rejection letter. I had also applied in the same noc code 6242. I am a pre 26 june applicant. at present my application status is received by visa office I also got second aor from ndvo in january 2011,

Brother can you please let me know what were the duties you written in your application. I think you had not written proper duties. In my opinion you should re-apply and if You have any doubts about job duties, ask me may be I can help you.

ajay singh negi

angelpot

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Calgary A.b.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo transfered to Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-10
Doc's Request.
29-10-10 ( 1st AOR CIO )
AOR Received.
18-05-11 ( 2nd AOR )
IELTS Request
submitted already at CIO
File Transfer...
13-04-12 ( buffalo to LA office ) In process May11,2012
Med's Request
17-05-12
Med's Done....
11-06-12 received by Ottawa 04-07-12
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
July 26,2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 18,2012 Visa received Oct.12 ,2012
LANDED..........
October 27, 2012 ( thank GOD )
Hey dinesk2003,

don't be disappointed. there is another time. so next time make sure all documents were properly done, like the detailed description of your work under your NOC. w/c is cooks and chef, make sure the letter from your company has a letter head and the signatory must be informed just incase the immigration will confirm your employment, do not forget the business card of the person who sign your certificates, get all your seminars certificate if you had attended. make sure to fill up all forms perfectly, yup perfect no mistakes it is very important, try to double check all required docs. needed before you send them, I almost done filling up those forms for a months...i remember everyday as if letter per letter...I checked my applications. That is so true it is hard to make your application impressive but as a reminder there are thousand of applications...so it is competition make your application as competitive as you can goodluck!!

try to re apply asap...but make sure you done your home work...read ...the visa office requirement..Hope you learn somehow on my post...God is alweays their to help us...so keep on praying...for the guidance...THERE IS NO OTHER IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT AS PERFECT AS THE LORD...so ask for his guidance...and he'll help us..ok...thanks ..

angelpot

Reactions: sao_18

rudolf

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
sapanaB said:
Although I feel sorry that your application was rejected and I wish the very best for everyone on this forum, I cant help but say that the rejection of your application was your fault. You did not do enough homework before applying, did not take the pain to read through the instructions about feeling up the forms. And your consultant did a poor job but you failed to ensure the quality checks on his\her work.
Your mistake was to trust the consultant blindly.. plz try to avoid such errors when you apply again. Also read through the guides posted on CIC website and post any of your queries on this forum.

Sapana
thanks for your eye opener comment. it's really my fault somehow. i have entrusted everything to my consultant blindly. hope i'll make it next time. What i'am searching right now is a good job description of a charge nurse in medical ward.hope somebody could share some job description.thanks again.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
I can send job description used in Australia...it may help....where doi send the pdf

carby

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
05-04-2011
Passport Req..
09-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
I also submitted an employment certificate without JD. I thought it was not important as long as you submit a proof that you have worked under the category that you're applying for. But the company's manager issued a letter stating that they do not issue a JD. Fortunately, the other 2 companies that I have worked for had a JD and even if they do not count my experience with the company that did not issue a JD, I still reached the required 67 points since I already got a PER. :)

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about rejection

Please do the analysis to figure out why CIO was not convinced regarding your application and work experience. Collect all required experience document and any additional documents that can prove your employment as Cook beyond doubt and re apply again.

On consultants, my opinion is that some of them are not that good and act as mere postman and delay the process, if you follow the instructions, you can do it yourself. Else do your research in finding a good consultant

anukapur9

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
per on :20/04/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
13/05/2011. 2 AOR on 29 may 2011 dated 17 may 2011 in process on 18-11-2011
Med's Request
march 19 2014
Med's Done....
MEDICAL DONE 0N 03 APRIL '14 medical receive line in cease on 11 april 2014
Passport Req..
march 19 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-1014
dineshks2003 said:

Sorry to here about ur refusal.
i'd also applied under 6242 cat.in sep 2010 and got the same letter hat they are not satisfied that i'm chef or cook.
now i'm trying to reapply with new reference letters with job duties on it.
will it work .
can u please tell me did u mention the job duties on ur experience certificates or not & if possible send me the scan copy of experience certificate u h'd enclosed with ur application.