+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got my TRV approved while my OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICATION is in process! What do I do?

Aug 21, 2024
Hello,
My husband is in Canada and is a citizen there. We've applied for my Permanent residence under family class Outland on June 2nd, 2024. After receiving my AOR on June 27, 2024, Ie applied for my TRV and Got my visa recently.

Meanwhile, I have given my biometrics and medical on spousal application and the latest update is medical has been passed.

I'm planning on entering Canada this month and plan to stay until my pr is approved but I'm confused if I get my Passport submission request while being in Canada, do i need to get back to my country or Can I submit it in Canada? What is the process? Both of us are eager to reunite that's why, we want to know if I can go there without any confusion.
Please help!!! ಥ_ಥ

SH_2323

Oct 1, 2021
Congrats on getting your TRV as well as step closer to your PR application. If you are in Canada on your TRV while your PR is getting processed, it's all good. When you enter Canada on your trv and stay around 2 weeks or so, you can email IRCC via web form to let them know that you are in Canada while your TRV is getting processed. So when they request for your passport for PR, you can submit it in Canada. you don't need to leave Canada to do your landing as PR. Another way is wait till you receive approval for your PR. IRCC sends a form to fill out to declare your residency, at that time too you can indicate you are in Canada. But better to email them before hand, less chance of mess up happening.

I recently got my mother her PR via same process. She was in Canada while are PR application was in process. We sent IRCC email via webform and did her landing from inside canada - it's all online.

Aug 21, 2024
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your response
So, I just have to let them know that I'm in Canada and change of address via ircc webform, right? Is there anything else I need to do or Will they let me know if there are anything to do?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your response
So, I just have to let them know that I'm in Canada and change of address via ircc webform, right? Is there anything else I need to do or Will they let me know if there are anything to do?
You will inform them. And when your application is approved and ready for "landing", you will get confirmation of your physical presence (as most people here call portal 1) email. Then you will get more emails to finish your virtual landing inside Canada. No need to travel back or physically submit your passport.