+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got ITA under the FSW Program, but no pay slips for my foreign experience, what should I do?

XCGXCG

Nov 3, 2023
Hello,

As the subject suggests, I have received the Invitation to Apply (ITA) under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. In the document checklist, there is a section under "Employment Records" that states: "You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and paystubs, if you have them."

While I do have reference letters containing all the necessary information, such as job responsibilities and annual salary, I don't have any paystubs for my previous two job in my home country, and I was paid in cash during my foreign work experience.

I'm quite concerned that my application may be rejected if I can't provide paystubs. I've seen mixed information on this issue – some say pay slips are not mandatory, while others mention they had to submit pay slips to show payment records for several months during their foreign employment.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Has anyone successfully passed the document verification process without submitting paystubs for their foreign work experience?

I appreciate your help in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have zere pay slips, tax records, proof of regular bank deposits right after pay day, etc. for all 3 of your past jobs? Where were these jobs located? Are cash jobs, jobs not being taxed, people not depositing cash payments into their payments into a bank account common in the countries you mentioned? Are your employers large employers? Are any of the employers family members? Does your education match the skills need to work in the 3 jobs you specified?