+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I forgot to disclose my spouse Qubec permanent residency application refusal

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
Dear All,

I am very confused now as I have received my provincial nomination and so 600 points added to my express enrry profile. And also I have received ITA too on 18th December. My problem is my spouse had been refused from Qubec nomination in 1999 before our marriage. And I answered 'No' to question "Have you or anyone including in this application ever refused to entry or visa to Canada". My husband had completely forgot while we were filling Provinicial nomination application but now in our final eAPR we aee willing to disclose this refusal to avoid misrepresntation. But problem is if we disclose it now in eAPR that would be inconsistant to our provincial nomination application. What should I do now? Should I let the province know about this mistake or shall I just disclose only in eAPR application. If let the province know now whould it be any negative impact on my application? Please please advise I am very much stressed at the moment

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dear All,

I am very confused now as I have received my provincial nomination and so 600 points added to my express enrry profile. And also I have received ITA too on 18th December. My problem is my spouse had been refused from Qubec nomination in 1999 before our marriage. And I answered 'No' to question "Have you or anyone including in this application ever refused to entry or visa to Canada". My husband had completely forgot while we were filling Provinicial nomination application but now in our final eAPR we aee willing to disclose this refusal to avoid misrepresntation. But problem is if we disclose it now in eAPR that would be inconsistant to our provincial nomination application. What should I do now? Should I let the province know about this mistake or shall I just disclose only in eAPR application. If let the province know now whould it be any negative impact on my application? Please please advise I am very much stressed at the moment
You should disclose it now and for safe side you can submit a letter of explanation in additional documents section. Don’t submit your application without disclosing it .

Last edited:

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
You should disclose it now and for safe side you can submit a letter of explanation in additional documents section. Done submit your application without disclosing it .
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Where should I disclose it? My worries are about provincial nominee programme application where I actually made mistake and that application is already processed, in the result I got nomination and 600 points. Please advise

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Where should I disclose it? My worries are about provincial nominee programme application where I actually made mistake and that application is already processed, in the result I got nomination and 600 points. Please advise
Have you applied? If you haven't there are form(s) that asked about previous refusal. Just answer that there. And if that's done, send a webform with updated form and an explaination letter.

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
Have you applied? If you haven't there are form(s) that asked about previous refusal. Just answer that there. And if that's done, send a webform with updated form and an explaination letter.
Thank you for your reply. I haven't submitted my eAPR application through IRCC express entry system. I worried about provincial nominarion application where I actually made mistake and did not disclose it. That application has already processed and approved.

I am willing to disclose everything in my eAPR application but my worry is this disclosure would be inconsistant to my provincial application and if they find out then it can be a serious issue.

Can I send email to provinicial authrity to disclose this error now?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I haven't submitted my eAPR application through IRCC express entry system. I worried about provincial nominarion application where I actually made mistake and did not disclose it. That application has already processed and approved.

I am willing to disclose everything in my eAPR application but my worry is this disclosure would be inconsistant to my provincial application and if they find out then it can be a serious issue.

Can I send email to provinicial authrity to disclose this error now?

Your input is highly appreciated.
As I already told you not a big issue. You must and have to disclose it in Permanent residence application. You can send same letter of explanation to PNP office which you will attach with your PR application and explain them error. Your application won’t be rejected. However before submitting EAPR , you should change that answer to yes and explain it .

Reactions: YVR123

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
As I already told you not a big issue. You must and have to disclose it in Permanent residence application. You can send same letter of explanation to PNP office which you will attach with your PR application and explain them error. Your application won’t be rejected. However before submitting EAPR , you should change that answer to yes and explain it .
Thank you so much. I am bit releif now, will do the same. Thanks once again.