+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I cant afford solicitor fee for my spouse

Kambohg

Jul 15, 2024
Hello members
I just want some basic infirmation.
I am candian citizen and i want to bring my spouse from pakistan.
Solicitors asking 5000$ which is huge amount and i am not able to collect this much big amount

Please guide me which application i have to submit .how much is the fee what documets are required.

And how much gov fee needed .

And can i apply myself or do i nees solicitor

Ia their any gov fundes immigration solicitor which can help me in this situatuion please advice

And which documents me and my spouse neeed to submit thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello members
Solicitors asking 5000$ which is huge amount and i am not able to collect this much big amount

Please guide me which application i have to submit .how much is the fee what documets are required.

And how much gov fee needed .

And can i apply myself or do i nees solicitor

Ia their any gov fundes immigration solicitor which can help me in this situatuion please advice

And which documents me and my spouse neeed to submit thanks
Probably look at getting a bank loan

Government isn’t going to give you money for this

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello members

Spousal sponsorship is not complicated and you can do yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

All forms and info are there. If you can't afford the govt fees for this, you can't afford to sponsor your spouse.

Kambohg

Jul 15, 2024
Thank you so much guys
I am posting this question on the behlaf of my brother.

I myself is british national and in United kingdom UK boarder agency wave your fee if you cant afford even you are working full time

And In Uk we can get gov funded solicitors as well gov pay on our behalf after assessment

Hope you guys can understand now why i am asking this question thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much guys

I myself is british national and in United kingdom UK boarder agency wave your fee if you cant afford even you are working full time

And In Uk we can get gov funded solicitors as well gov pay on our behalf after assessment

But...would your government really pay for legal assistance for something like this? Really?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

If you're a british national why did you say you are a canadian citizen above?

I've lots of friends who've had to deal with spouse sponsorship and similar in UK and they paint a radically different picture than what you've stated here, so I call "not very likely." (I think the brits say 'not bloody likely.')

Even if it were true - that's a different country. Have your citizen brother get informed about the country where he lives.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much guys

There are options like this in Canada where a solicitor is necessary, such as for certain legal / criminal situations.

A solicitor is completely unnecessary to apply for spousal sponsorship. The majority of people apply on their own. This is what your brother should do. All of the information to apply can be easily accessed on the IRCC website.

Reactions: armoured

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you so much guys

What’s your point ?

He’s in Canada . Canadian citizen

Other countries procedures, correct me if I’m wrong , are irrelevant

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you so much guys

That's what you wrote in your first post:

"Hello members
Solicitors asking 5000$ which is huge amount and i am not able to collect this much big amount"

I call BS here, or "I got this"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much guys

Pretty sure immigration cases, except asylum seekers, wouldn’t pass assessment for free legal support in the UK either. Your brother will need to show he can support him family in Canada so if 5k is an issue I hope that is because he needs savings for when his spouse arrives.