+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i applied pr can i apply for work permit ?

nanywrd

Apr 12, 2010
Hello sir,
I am applied for immigration under one of the trade categories "skilled workers - federal.and was submit my all documents before 2 month at Delhi embassy .i am applied in fast track i have opportunity for apply work permit at Alberta.please tell me can i apply for this. lt is not against Canada immigration laws.please help me i am in trouble. thanking you.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nanywrd said:
Hello sir,
I am applied for immigration under one of the trade categories "skilled workers - federal.and was submit my all documents before 2 month at Delhi embassy .i am applied in fast track i have opportunity for apply work permit at Alberta.please tell me can i apply for this. lt is not against Canada immigration laws.please help me i am in trouble. thanking you.
Sorry I find it difficult to quite work out what you are saying. Is the situation that you have already applied for a permanent resident visa under Federal Skilled Worker Category 1, and you submitted all your documents 2 months ago, and now you have a job offer + temporary work permit in Alberta? There is nothing to stop you temporarily working in Canada whilst your Category 1 visa application is being processed - however, in order to obtain the work permit the employer will have to obtain an LMO (labour market option).

The fact that you already have an FSW1 application in process doesn't really hurt or improve your chances to get a temporary work permit.

Wayne.

May 24, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
I'm in a similar situation to nanywrd. Applied under FSW1 (NOC1111) and received AOR from London in July and would like to move to Canada by January. Obviously PR visa is going to take ages so was considering the temp workers visa until the other one is sorted. Unfortunately I don't have a job offer yet and I have the added complication that my common-law partner is Canadian.

The working holiday visa (international youth programme) doesn't accept applications from those with Canadian common-law partners or people who have applied for a PR visa - rules me out on both counts. Just wondered if the temp workers visa was the same?

Can any seniors help with this please?

NCB