+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I appeared 4 times in ielts but my score was 4 bands why? Please guide me.

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dears seniors,
I would like to say that i have difficulty i appeared 4 times in ielts but unfortunately,i got 4 bands in read.I need some suggestoin regarding to improve my reading module.
Thanks all of you.

Jan 9, 2011
What helped me a lot was to learn how to speadread and mark keywords per paragraph...
The amount of time is very limited at the reading part.

Writing is not my best skill, I still write a lot of spelling mistakes, but the only thing that happens is: practice practice practice (perhaps you can
have a friend dictate you some sentences and help you correct them) Reading books also helps.

In listening is the spelling also important.

And speaking... wach a lot of movies and practice your speach also with friends...

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
khalidhaider said:
Dears seniors,
I would like to say that i have difficulty i appeared 4 times in ielts but unfortunately,i got 4 bands in read.I need some suggestoin regarding to improve my reading module.
Thanks all of you.
download the cambridge exams,
and practice it man
you'll get a good score trust me.

Fighting

Jan 28, 2011
Even I had written 3 times but my scores were up and down each time ... my recent scores were
R:6.5
L:7.5
W:5.5
S:7.5
over all : 7.0

As I am applying for Canadian PR I need to have 6.5 in writing :(
I lost my confidence now I tried ... tried and tried now I don't think that I can score better but I am losing so many things (personal) because of this :( I don't know what to do .... Plz help me ... besides I don't have time , I got my AOR number but haven't sent my IELTS yet instead sent English statement.... will my application gets rejected ???

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Fighting said:
Even I had written 3 times but my scores were up and down each time ... my recent scores were
R:6.5
L:7.5
W:5.5
S:7.5
over all : 7.0

As I am applying for Canadian PR I need to have 6.5 in writing :(
I lost my confidence now I tried ... tried and tried now I don't think that I can score better but I am losing so many things (personal) because of this :( I don't know what to do .... Plz help me ... besides I don't have time , I got my AOR number but haven't sent my IELTS yet instead sent English statement.... will my application gets rejected ???
If you are under the old system pre Feb 2008, then let's hope the experience letter works. If you are under post Feb 2008, I'm afraid IELTS is mandatory. However I don't understand what you mean by "As I am applying for Canadian PR I need to have 6.5 in writing ". CIC does NOT ask for 6.5 in writing, it grants you points for each score, therefore having moderate (5.5) in writing will cost you 2 points in the score.

If you can compensate these two points in some other point, then, you can still apply.

I hope I made some sense here.

Cheers

Mezo

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear seniors,
I am facing same difficulty especialy in reading module.There no any
word which i do not know the meaning.I completed test in time and search only
key words from question. I read first question then answer and also high light words
from pencil.Now i want to practice in paragharph words and their other sonyums.
Furthermore, i also checked topic sentences and supportting detail ,but all
in vain, i did not lose heart and courage.
Therefore, i need your suggestions in this regarde.I also used Dr.Hasib technique and method. I am hopfull that i will try again.
Thanking all of you once again.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear khalid,
i hope you will find some reading tips given in the following link very helpful:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reading-tips-t61761.0.html

regards,
Dr.Hasib

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear Dr.Hasib,
I would like to say that proper nouns are often useful key words.As in this sentence .Tiger in the Bandhavgarh National park are a protected species. It is correct to say about noun that they are best
key words in reading text? Secondly,these useful keys words as referring to people and places.
plz explain it.I have difficulty in True,False,and not Given answer in G.T reading passage.

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear seniors,
Please explain my question about key words that nouns are useful key words or, not.Reply me through
this forum please.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
You need to improve your overall language skills. Just taking practice tests won't do the job. So keep reading articles online and keep listening to British podcasts.

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
I agree with Mezo2009, in that, if one of the skills is sligthly below requirement [for 4 points], you will only get 2 instead of 4 points. So your total points may be 14 instead of 16 ??? I know someone who scored 14 points on Language but total still meet 67. And then received PER!!!

You can only do some practice tests to familiarise with the format and flow of the exam which would certainly help. Do not expect to "improve" your English standard quickly in just a few months. So focus on understanding the format, flow and structure of the exam. IELTS General Training does not expect your English to be "super good".

And make sure you have good nights sleep night before exam. You need to be as relax as possible on the day. And focus, focus, focus.

Good luck with the application.

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear seniors,
I would like to say that my questions were about key words that in true false question nouns are useful key words ,or not? Tell me in this regard.

alvs

Star Member
Oct 12, 2009
hi,if any one like to have speaking mock test online/training sessions do contact me or add me at tomy_nice2000 at yahoo dot com

i thank this forum to get band 8 in IELTS test..thanks a lot

for complete training details visit--->http://onlineieltshelp.blogspot.com/

some of the factors for a good score are not just english skill its more about time management and responsiveness

thank you

raj india

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi

I need someone to help me interpret my IELTS scores below:
L-7
R-7
W-8
S-7.5

For Canadian PR how many points will i get?

Thx, KcSider