+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am on Open work permit. How to extend or apply for another WP?

May 17, 2023
Hello all,

I have SOWP and I am working for my employer inside Canada only. Previously I had ICT( which is expired now) of other provience from my same employer however due to location constraints I applied SOWP.

My question is, my SOWP will expire on Feb 2026 but I want to get new WP or extension. I am working for same employer and base location of employer is India.
How to get new WP or extend/change condition on SOWP? Is it possible to apply new WP from inside Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I have SOWP and I am working for my employer inside Canada only. Previously I had ICT( which is expired now) of other provience from my same employer however due to location constraints I applied SOWP.

My question is, my SOWP will expire on Feb 2026 but I want to get new WP or extension. I am working for same employer and base location of employer is India.
How to get new WP or extend/change condition on SOWP? Is it possible to apply new WP from inside Canada?
You would need to be working for a Canadian employer and they would need to obtain LMIA (unless LMIA exempt). If approved you can apply for a closed work permit.