+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not sure if I have entered correct information in my Express Entry profile about my nationality

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
I am already a PR and it was more than 2 years I filled in the Express Entry profile. I am now suddenly worried if I forgot to input my second nationality (but I tend to believe I should not be that sloppy, but I just cannot be sure). However, some important information below:

My second nationality is one of the 5 eyes. I think when IRCC does the background check for my Express Entry, they should know already. Also, before I applied Express Entry, I got both study permit (about 10 years ago) and work permit (about 6 years ago). I still have those permits attached to my old passport and hence I have checked them. Interesting enough, my study permit 10 years ago shows my 2nd nationality (one of the 5 eyes) but the work permit shows my 1st nationality.

Now it has been long time after my Express Entry profile, do you guys think I will have problem of misrepresentation?

Last edited:

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
It is misrepresentation if you really forgot to enter the second nationality, intention does not matter. But if the nationality does not affect the decision making of the officer and the outcome of the application, then it is not material.

pityman

Mar 22, 2023
It is misrepresentation if you really forgot to enter the second nationality, intention does not matter. But if the nationality does not affect the decision making of the officer and the outcome of the application, then it is not material.
I also heard that if they have my previous application information (study and work permit), then more likely IRCC would consider it be a mistake.