+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am having 6 years gap after my last degree, Can I get Student Visa?

KishanRav

Jun 21, 2017
I have done my graduation in Business Administration by 2011 from India. After it I have joined Job to till there is a 6 year gap. I want to study now in canada choosing PG course in supply chain management because of my overall experience in it. Can I able to apply? Several Immigration consultants denied that I am not eligible as 5 years of above gap not allowed. Is it true???

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Such a gap on its own in not necessarily a problem but you need to convince immigration on your qualifications,English language proficiency, work experience and how any course helps develop your career aspirations on your return to your home country. So based on qualifications and work experience is a course relevant which is where many applications fail.

People on this forum have applied successfully with longer gaps and they succeeded by putting together a good case to convince immigration on the reasoning behind applying. There is no written rule by the way that defines a gap being too long to apply so maybe, and I of course do not know, the consultants could not be bothered.

Reactions: KishanRav