+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am applying as international student, Can my wife/husband go along with me?

Aug 24, 2014
Hi I am 23 Year old married 8 months ago.
I am from India and I want to do Masters from Canada. it is 2 years course as found in most of the universities in Canada.
I completed Bachelor of Commerce since April,2013 and being employed in private sector job till yet.
Am I Eligible to Do Masters from Canada??
and
Can My wife/husband come along with me as a spouse??
if yes than...
1. When Do I apply for his/Her Spouse Visa??
2. What Kind of Visa will He/She get??
3. Will he/she able to do work there full time, during my studies??
4. Duration of his/her visa??
5. After study I shall get 3 year open work visa, Will he also get same open work visa for 3 years??
6. After Studies When do I Eligible for Permanent Residence??
7. Will My wife/husband also be eligible for PR, when do I will Eligible??

Thank You.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your spouse can apply for either a TRV (to come as a visitor) or for a spousal open work permit. It is impossible for any of us to say whether your spouse will be approved. Some people are refused and some people are approved.

If your spouse manages to get an approved spousal open work permit then they will be able to work full time during your studies.

Your spouse will only be granted a work permit once your studies are over if you are able to secure a full time job.

It's impossible to say if you will be eligible for PR after you complete your studies. It will depend on a number of thing including which province you study in, if you are able to get a job after your studies, and what the immigration rules are once you've finished your studies (the rules for immigration change regularly).

Yes - if you are eligible to apply for PR you will be able to include your spouse in your application.

Aug 24, 2014
what is the process of TRV (to come as a visitor) or for a spousal open work permit??
what can cause a visa refusal of mine or mine spouse or both ??

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

charanjitsingh607 said:
Hi I am 23 Year old married 8 months ago.
I am from India and I want to do Masters from Canada. it is 2 years course as found in most of the universities in Canada.
I completed Bachelor of Commerce since April,2013 and being employed in private sector job till yet.
Am I Eligible to Do Masters from Canada??
and
Can My wife/husband come along with me as a spouse??
if yes than...
1. When Do I apply for his/Her Spouse Visa??
2. What Kind of Visa will He/She get??
3. Will he/she able to do work there full time, during my studies??
4. Duration of his/her visa??
5. After study I shall get 3 year open work visa, Will he also get same open work visa for 3 years??
6. After Studies When do I Eligible for Permanent Residence??
7. Will My wife/husband also be eligible for PR, when do I will Eligible??

Thank You.

You need 4 years of UG to apply for Masters in Canada.

1. Fill up a separate TRV application and send it along with yours in one envelope.
2. TRV.
3. Yes.
4. OWP will be valid as long as yours SP is valid.
5. Yes only if you have a job in NOC O/A/B.
6. Depend. Some PNP (Alberta/BC) allows application right away with no experience required. CEC need at least 1 year of part/full time experience.