+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a PR living in AB and i want my wife to Deliver a baby in AB, Canada.

allencq

Mar 26, 2015
HI All.
I am in this situation where:
In 2012, my wife was living with me in AB, while she was schooling at UoA, under a scholarship. I have a PR and she was under student visa. She had to return back to home country, cause of the scholarship restrictions and clauses. While she was here, we had a baby together, born in AB. You may wander why i didnt sponsor her to remain.? I did, sponsor her but when she left the country after her scholarship, her application was denied, and she was told to reapply as a immigrant living outside canada.

so now we are having a second baby and i want her to come and deliver here in AB, as i am able to support her during her delivery.

Therefore i want to know if she will be allowed by hospitals to deliver in the canada and are there any issues i should know before she comes here.?

Thanks for you upcoming answers

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, she will be allowed to deliver in an Alberta hospital.
Keep in mind though that, she will not be covered by health care and hence will have to pay for the delivery - could cost upto 10K or even more ( if there are complications).

That said, does your wife have a visa exempt passport or a Canadian Visa to travel to Canada?

In either case, she will be screened (questioned) by the CBSA officers at the airport( Port of entry). Coming to deliver in Canada - is an obvious red flag which will lead to further questioning.
At that point, it will be upto the officer to decide whether to allow entry or no.

My guess is that - if you can show proof of funds ( to cover delivery cost) + the fact that father is a canadian citizen - they should allow your wife.

PS - dont travel close to delivery date.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If the father is a Canadian citizen, the OP should ask questions, as he is a PR...

allencq

Mar 26, 2015
thanks guys for all the positive responses.
we will definately think about this. it might just be better and easier to sponsor them together after she gives birth abroad.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
allencq said:
thanks guys for all the positive responses.
we will definately think about this. it might just be better and easier to sponsor them together after she gives birth abroad.
Just to add my personal experience if it is of any help. i live in alberta, my wife and kids came to canada on a visit visa and the very next day i went to registry office and included them in my Alberta health Care Card. so in next few days they got their Alberta health card numbers and their Printed Cards were mailed at my home address. during their stay we did visit the hospital and local doctor and all was the same as anyone else living in canada ( no fee, no question, received the treatment).
In-short in Alberta your family can also get alberta health cards no matter even if they are on a visit visa.