+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m scared my Canadian Visa gets denied for … (HELP)

Sean Paul

Jun 30, 2024
Hello , so I’ve recently submitted my Canadian application with no ties to my home country. I am a young recent college graduate trying to establish themselves in my county and I know I’m dumb to do that but I felt pressured so I just submitted my application. Im not sure if these might help my application But in fact I’ve been to the US multiple times for work purposes for 3 consecutive years the last time I stayed in the US for 12 months (due to my work contract) and returned home once my contract ended. I had also received an invitation letter which the inviter stated that they’ll cover my basic needs and accommodation during my visit for 2 weeks in the country. They even provided their bank statements. On the application I also provided my US bank statements which I got paid through while in the states along with a savings account from my home country. I had got a job since I’ve came back to my home country but at the time of me submitting the application my job start date would be a week after my application was submitted. Seeing that I would be fairly new in my job I would not be able to get a job letter from the employer as yet until I complete probation. So on the application I put that I am unemployed. I provided copies of my visas and travel stamps to the US along with a letter of support for my application explaining my purpose of visit to Canada. From the information provided would you think I have a chance of being approved ?

My intuition is telling me I should look out for that refusal message anytime soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to say especially without proof of your own funds and citizenship. As a visitor you are expected to show you can cover your own costs. The fact that you have worked in the US can either help you or hurt you especially if you attempted to extend you work permit in the US. All you can do is wait.

Sean Paul

Jun 30, 2024
Impossible to say especially without proof of your own funds and citizenship. As a visitor you are expected to show you can cover your own costs. The fact that you have worked in the US can either help you or hurt you especially if you attempted to extend you work permit in the US. All you can do is wait.
i did provide proof of own funds with my US account that shown my name in the account and I didn’t extended my work permit . I actually went to the US on separate occasions. But I guess all I can do is wait for the refusal message.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i did provide proof of own funds with my US account that shown my name in the account and I didn’t extended my work permit . I actually went to the US on separate occasions. But I guess all I can do is wait for the refusal message.
Wait for the results nobody can predict what will happen especially with minimal information.