+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hybrid course fall 2020

Stro

Jun 24, 2020
Anybody registered in a hybrid course for Fall 2020?...what do you plan on doing and kindly input your timeline below

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
My daughter is registered for in person, but of course she cannot do the in person classes and 2 of these are obligatory for her degree. She's had to choose 2 classes she did not really want to do (but she has to take 5 to qualify for full time under definitions of home country) and take online live options for 3 other classes that are in person / simultaneously online. Spaces for in person were limited and she got priority as a first year student and has now had to give up those coveted in person places in the class. It's very difficult and not sure it's going to work. We are 5 at home and her classes don't start till dinner time to midnight, it's going to be so disruptive as the family are going to kept up and my daughter is going to struggle to study in such cramped conditions. Would it be acceptable for students to bring their family to class and their family to eat dinner during class? Of course not, so why is Canada expecting invoming international students to do that,

Bishop's had a Parents' open q and a session, it was for all parents, but the entire session was dominated by parents of international students asking about how their adult children are supposed to do online live studies when we are in Europe, India and China? How they are going to study with no access to the library resources or the Bishop's bookshop. I asked if the grading would reflect the terrible conditions the online students would be studying in and the response was that they would take the circumstances into consideration. It has pitted the majority in person students against the minority international students banned from studying on campus.

I will never forget this time in our lives and bitterly disappointed at the lack of empathy from the Canadian government.

It's pretty clear that health of the Canadian population has no significance whatsoever in the decision to ban new students from doing in person classes unless you're American and a returning student from abroad then that's ok.