+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband lives in Afghanistan,but is going for University in India

Mariam510

May 7, 2014
Hello brothers and sister,
I just have some question and I hope someone with experience or knowledge could help me clear some issues and concerns.
So basically I was born and raised in Toronto,Canada. And my parents were both born in Afghanistan.I currently work part-time and go to University full time. I had recently gone to Afghanistan to get married,and alhamdulillah I am happily married. He is a wonderful husband,and i couldn't have asked for anything better. I will soon be sponsoring him but I have some concerns...
1. Does the amount of money i make effect my spousal sponsorship?
2. What are documentation do i need in order to sponsor him?
3. What are the steps to the whole spouse sponsorship? What happens first,second,third and etc.
4. Does anyone know how long it takes,roughly?
4. Although he is a citizen of Afghanistan,he will be going to India for his University studies. Can the files be sent to him to India.Or does he have to go back and forth to Afghanistan to fill out the papers?

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions.

Wajea

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Canada, Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2008
Doc's Request.
01-02-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2012
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
2nd Medical Done January 2015 - Waiting For Passport Request
Med's Done....
I Hope The Process Get Finnish Before Any 3rd Medical Request !!!
Interview........
01-06-2013
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
No
LANDED..........
No
Salam,
Well it's possible to invite your husband to Canada, fortunately Now Afghan Husband or Wife Sponsorship cases has been all sent from Islamabad to New Delhi for further process & your husband will be already in New Delhi so he can do it from near further process. but it takes time like 2-3 years wait.
because my case is different i don't have any more information about it. my son decided to never marry in Afghanistan because it waste a lot of time & as he says it doesn't worth to Wait & Wait & bring someone ... anyhow he got black hearten already from the current case running since 7 years.

Wish you Good luck.

You May Join this forum to check with other Afghans http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/afghanistan-spouse-sponsorship-thru-india-t170800.450.html

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
Mariam510 said:
1. Does the amount of money i make effect my spousal sponsorship?
2. What are documentation do i need in order to sponsor him?
3. What are the steps to the whole spouse sponsorship? What happens first,second,third and etc.
4. Does anyone know how long it takes,roughly?
4. Although he is a citizen of Afghanistan,he will be going to India for his University studies. Can the files be sent to him to India.Or does he have to go back and forth to Afghanistan to fill out the papers?

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions.
1 - No the amount of money you make does not affect spousal sponsorship. They do however want some assurance that neither of you will go on welfare once he is here.

2 - Read the official guides on the CIC website and use the search function here. There is lots of information out there.

3 - Wait times can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

4 - All the forms you need to fill out are online, and you mail them to Canada which then sends them to the VO. It doesn't matter where you are when you are preparing your application. The New Delhi visa office handles cases from Afghanistan and India, so the case will be processed there.