+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground - widow mother

singh14

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

I am a Canada PR living in Canada. I have 2 sisters who also became PR last year. My widow mother has visited Canada before on tourist visa and visited USA before (when I lived in USA). MShe is a home maker and does not have any job.My question is - Can I apply for her PR based on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
If yes, are there any pros-cons of whether I should apply for her while she is in India or should I apply for her when she comes to Canada.
Any difference in processing time for applying from inside vs outside of Canada?
Does applying for super visa in parallel helps in the timeline?
Can she visit me in Canada while her application is in process?

Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Why can’t you apply through PGP? Seems to me that you would need to exhaust all possible options before applying for H&C for them to even consider the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am a Canada PR living in Canada. I have 2 sisters who also became PR last year. My widow mother has visited Canada before on tourist visa and visited USA before (when I lived in USA). MShe is a home maker and does not have any job.My question is - Can I apply for her PR based on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds.
If yes, are there any pros-cons of whether I should apply for her while she is in India or should I apply for her when she comes to Canada.
Any difference in processing time for applying from inside vs outside of Canada?
Does applying for super visa in parallel helps in the timeline?
Can she visit me in Canada while her application is in process?

Thanks.
Yes - she can submit an application through the H&C stream. She must be physically in Canada to submit this application and must remain in Canada while the application is processed.

If at all possible, it would be far better to sponsor her through the regular parent sponsorship stream. H&C cases have fairly high rates of refusal and if her application is refused, this may complicate future entries into Canada as a visitor.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Yes - she can submit an application through the H&C stream. She must be physically in Canada to submit this application and must remain in Canada while the application is processed.

If at all possible, it would be far better to sponsor her through the regular parent sponsorship stream. H&C cases have fairly high rates of refusal and if her application is refused, this may complicate future entries into Canada as a visitor.

Hi, do you know any websites where I can read more about the H&C and look at sample reference letters? Can you point me to the right direction. Thanks for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, do you know any websites where I can read more about the H&C and look at sample reference letters? Can you point me to the right direction. Thanks for your time.
Detailed instructions on how to apply can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

The IRCC site does not have sample reference letters. I'm not aware of any site that has sample reference letters.

Reactions: esse