+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and Compassion Grounds

lipehennig

Oct 22, 2023
My situation is as follows:

I originally came to Victoria, BC, Canada when I was 16 as a foreign high school student in grade 11, fell in love with this place and managed to stay another year.
Started a business admin. degree in a college there. stayed for a few terms and left, moved to Vancouver so I could study animation, the industry was doing good at the time. Fast forward tot he end of my classes, pandemic hits and the industry collapse, 2 of the 3 years of my PGWP were eaten by the pandemic, my industry was doing very poorly and the restaurants were mainly closed.
2023 is the last year of my PGWP, I'll be 2 weeks short of the 1 year for an Express Entry application, even with the 2 weeks my score would be around the 440's, at least 60 points short of the 500s.
The restaurant I currently supervise for had the LMIA denied, so I cannot extend my work permit.

My entire adult life was in Canada, all my networking is in Canada, all my friends, my entire life is here. Every time I step back in Brazil I feel dizzy because of the heat, it's a dangerous place, but lets not go in that route.
The years of high school I did here are not accepted in Brazil, I don't even know what I would need to do there to validate those years there. The college I did here is pretty much useless there.

I have always cultivated a good relationship with as many Canadians in my way as I could. I'm friends with one of the international high schools program's coordinators, I'm friends with some of my college professors, I attend church regularly and volunteer there, have many friends, all of which could write letters if needed.

I don't know it this situation would warrant a H&C application. I'm scarred because that the last resort I have, my plan was to go back to college while waiting for the application to go through, but I'm scared of it being denied and having to go back to Brazil after finishing college (as I already used my PGWP)
Any advice is greatly appreciated

edit: I'm currently turning 24, so I have been here from 16 to 24, 8 years in total