+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to travel with dependent child without COPR?

BJSING

Oct 21, 2020
LANDED..........
03-13-2022
Hi All,
I and my wife received the COPR in Feb 2020 which is valid until 12 Jan 2021. We are currently residing in US. Our child was born in US in March 2020. We notified IRCC in September by submitting the Birth Certificate using the webform and they sent an acknowledgment of the receipt of Birth Certificate along with the reply below:

"Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips
  • If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made."
Can someone confirm what forms I need to fill to obtain COPR for my child as well? What is the turnaround time for receiving the COPR? Do I need to get her medical checkup done?
I am planning to pick the PR around the first week of December.
I would appreciate it if someone with a similar experience could reply.

Reactions: Kaurrrrr