+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show Sabbatical Period in Express Entry Profile

ankit_k

Sep 18, 2018
Hi,

I have gone through some discussion threads regarding leave without pay period during employment and, I have some queries regarding the same. Please answer my queries as I am expecting an invite in next draw and, I want to be sure that everything in express entry profile is correct.

I worked in a xyz company from Nov'2010 to Jun'2013. Then I took a sabbatical from my company to pursue higher studies. I rejoined same company xyz in Apr'2015 after my course finished in Mar'2015. Then I worked in same xyz company till Aug'2018.

Now, I have a work experience letter from my company stating my total work experience from Nov'2010 to Aug'2018 and mentioning my leave without pay period of 624 days (without specifying timelines). In addition to that I have one roles and responsibilities letter stating my roles and responsibilities during my complete tenure, i.e Nov 2010 to Aug 2018 (without mentioning anything about my sabbatical period).

I have following questions -

1. Should I mention my total work experience in 2 parts in express entry profile, one prior to sabbatical and another one after sabbatical?

2. I have a single letter stating my roles and responsibilities for the entire duration, i.e Nov'2010 to Aug'2018 (including sabbatical period). Should I get different letters for work experience before and after sabbatical or will a single letter be fine?

3. In work experience letter, sabbatical period timelines are not mentioned. If I mention about these timelines in Letter of Explanation for more clarity, is it necessary to show evidence of when I left company and when I joined it back?

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

I have gone through some discussion threads regarding leave without pay period during employment and, I have some queries regarding the same. Please answer my queries as I am expecting an invite in next draw and, I want to be sure that everything in express entry profile is correct.

I worked in a xyz company from Nov'2010 to Jun'2013. Then I took a sabbatical from my company to pursue higher studies. I rejoined same company xyz in Apr'2015 after my course finished in Mar'2015. Then I worked in same xyz company till Aug'2018.

Now, I have a work experience letter from my company stating my total work experience from Nov'2010 to Aug'2018 and mentioning my leave without pay period of 624 days (without specifying timelines). In addition to that I have one roles and responsibilities letter stating my roles and responsibilities during my complete tenure, i.e Nov 2010 to Aug 2018 (without mentioning anything about my sabbatical period).

1. Should I mention my total work experience in 2 parts in express entry profile, one prior to sabbatical and another one after sabbatical?

2. I have a single letter stating my roles and responsibilities for the entire duration, i.e Nov'2010 to Aug'2018 (including sabbatical period). Should I get different letters for work experience before and after sabbatical or will a single letter be fine?

3. In work experience letter, sabbatical period timelines are not mentioned. If I mention about these timelines in Letter of Explanation for more clarity, is it necessary to show evidence of when I left company and when I joined it back?
1. Yes, you should divide it.
2. Single letter is fine.
3.I think it is good to clarify that in the explanation letter as long as the duration of this sabbatical period is mentioned in the experience letter.

Reactions: ankit_k

ankit_k

Sep 18, 2018
3.I think it is good to clarify that in the explanation letter as long as the duration of this sabbatical period is mentioned in the experience letter.
Thank you for the inputs :) Regarding point 3, if I explain the timeline of my lwp in loe, am I not required to show evidence of the same?

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
Thank you for the inputs :) Regarding point 3, if I explain the timeline of my lwp in loe, am I not required to show evidence of the same?
Sure, you should show evidence but what I understand from you that it is mentioned in the experience letter your leave of absence period which I think is enough. I think what is the important for them is how many days you were not working as you can not claim this period for getting points. If you can add the start and end date of this period, it would be great but if you can not, I think it is not a big deal.

PV_Ganesh

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hello folks,
I am reviving this thread... My wife's profile had a long leave(Loss of Pay) as she was accompanying me abroad.. She continued same work back after 6 months...when we came back to India.. When she quite there is exp. letter says A to Z period with out mentioning leave or anything....

I had added as whole experience in EE profile...Should I do the break up in EE profile?.... I explained the breaks in LoE when I applied for OINP..... Which is in progress...

Meantime Editing EE profile won't create any problem when OINP in process?..

Thanks in advance

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
Hello folks,
I am reviving this thread... My wife's profile had a long leave(Loss of Pay) as she was accompanying me abroad.. She continued same work back after 6 months...when we came back to India.. When she quite there is exp. letter says A to Z period with out mentioning leave or anything....

I had added as whole experience in EE profile...Should I do the break up in EE profile?.... I explained the breaks in LoE when I applied for OINP..... Which is in progress...

Meantime Editing EE profile won't create any problem when OINP in process?..

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I'm in a Same boat.

I worked in the same company from Dec 2017 to August 2021
Went for Higher Studies - Sept 2021 to Apr 2023
and then after my higher studies, I joined them back (May 2023 to June 2023 )
Should I divide it in two?

My company does not provide any letter which states my leaves without pay duration
I only have one letter which states my whole tenure with the company (Dec 2017 to Jun 2023)

What was your outcome?
What do you suggest?

Should I break it up in my EE profile or list it as only one whole experience?
It will be wrong calculation of CRS score in terms of work experience points
If I just make one entry

Last edited:

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
Hi,

Hi,

I'm in a Same boat.

My company does not provide any letter which states my leaves without pay duration
I only have one letter which states my whole tenure with the company (Dec 2017 to Jun 2023)

What was your outcome?
What do you suggest?

If I just make one entry

hemang44u

May 1, 2021

Hi,

I'm in a Same boat.

What was your outcome?
What do you suggest?

If I just make one entry