+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send the passports from India to Detroit office for visa stamping?

nap_ias

Jun 12, 2012
Hi,
I applied for canada PR under FSW in 2010 when I was in USA. Now I am in india. Today I got a passport request for my whole family including my new born baby. But my question is, how can I send my passports for stamping from India to Detroit office? Becasue as per Indian Passport rule, it is illegal to send the passport out of county without its holder. Is there any way to stamp the visa with proper way?

Willem

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012!!!!!
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Passport Req..
13 Nov 2012
Congrats man! I'm from Buffalo,Ottawa to.Can you please tell us when did you receive the Med's request and the date they asked you for your Passport?Did you receive the Passport Request from Ottawa?

nap_ias

Jun 12, 2012
Me and my wife got med reqest on 17 Feb, then we got ppr on 30th May, but my wife was pregnant and got a baby on 23th July, then submitted my baby's documents. Got Med of my baby on 24th Aug, submitted on 4th Sept, and finally got a PPR for whole family on 3rd Oct...

Hope it helps.....

Andy11

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2011
AOR Received.
11-05-2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to CPP Ottawa on July 2012 from Buffalo
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
nap_ias said:
Hi,
I applied for canada PR under FSW in 2010 when I was in USA. Now I am in india. Today I got a passport request for my whole family including my new born baby. But my question is, how can I send my passports for stamping from India to Detroit office? Becasue as per Indian Passport rule, it is illegal to send the passport out of county without its holder. Is there any way to stamp the visa with proper way?
Congratulation for getting PPR.

I am also Buffalo applicant and currently in USA.

I am also planning to comeback to India. My online status is Received By Visa office.

Also my wife is pregnant and her due is in this month (October).

So once delivery done, we are planning to comeback India.

What you suggest from your experience should I come back to India or should I wait for medical?

When you move to India? Did you receive your medical while you we're in USA?

Did you updated to Buffalo about you are moving to India or you kept that you are still in Usa?

Your views will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Willem

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012!!!!!
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Passport Req..
13 Nov 2012
Hi,thanks for details.Can you please tell us what Visa office processed your file? Was it Buffalo and then they transferred your file to Ottawa?.

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
nap_ias said:
Hi,
congggggggg naps
chaeck with DHL
plz share ur time line with us
did u get ppr from ottawa or buffalo

ampu2000

Nov 5, 2012
Hey,

Please can you share your experiences with sending your passport to US along with friend. Do they send it back to any address in US

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ampu2000 said:
Hey,

Please can you share your experiences with sending your passport to US along with friend. Do they send it back to any address in US

Thanks
The only way to send your PPs to Detroit VO is through a friend or a family member. They would need a US address (Any) for mailing back the Passports. Please also send an authorization letter, an affidavit is better along with the person who would carry your PP from India and back.

The courier companies would not take the PPs and Indian Customs have become very strict ....so dont try courier.

Mitali

ampu2000

Nov 5, 2012
Thanks Mitali...This helps..I have to submit PPs by 30th Nov and I hope to find someone travelling in this timeframe (I have one travelling on 27th Nov). I believe 2-3 days delay in submitting PP should be fine? as in the CIC communication which I received on 31st Oct., it says submit passport in next 30 days

alokjain9

Oct 25, 2012
Did any body managed to send the PassPort to USA, using courier from India?
or only option is send it with any traveling friend?

Can't we send our PP, Embassy in India for stamping?

Please share your experience.