+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send replacement PR photos?

ginasfs07

Nov 21, 2016
After receiving my email requesting the passport copy and photographs (so they can issue my CoPR) I sent all my documents in one package via xpresspost, which contained a second prepaid xpresspost envelope, as instructed. Yesterday it arrived in Ottawa and I got an email telling me my photos needed to be resent as they do not meet the specs. I'm doing that today but I'm a bit confused about the mailing instructions they provide. This is what it says:

--------------------------
SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS for you and/or your dependants reside in Canada or the US

Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America.

· Submit all documents
by MAIL in a single package. Enclose the requested documents, a copy of this letter and folded self-addressed envelope in the envelope with our mailing address:
-------------------------

And then:

--------------------------

If you have a mailing address in Canada

· If you have not already provided a return envelope: you must purchase two prepaid Xpresspost envelopes, one self-addressed and one addressed to our office.

· Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

· Send your package by Canada Post to the following address:

Att: HF8576

CPC –OTTAWA | CTD OTTAWA

PR MAILROOM | SALLE DE COURRIER RP

365 LAURIER AVENUE WEST

OTTAWA ON K1A 1L1
----------------------------------

I'm not sure any more what envelopes I need to send?? The first part suggests I need to include a self-addressed envelope. The second part indicates that I need to include two envelopes if I haven't already sent one (but I did already send one). Do those two include the envelope that I'm using to mail everything? Is that what they mean by 'one addressed to our office'? And does everything have to be Xpresspost?

I'm asking a lot of questions but I really want to get this 100% right because postal service is disrupted at the moment and I only have 15 days left now. I don't want to risk having to redo anything. Thanks in advance for any insight