+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send passport from Australia to India (home country) for PR Stamping

thisisdeeps

Apr 24, 2013
Hi All,

I applied for Canadian PR in May 2013 for me and my husband, visa office being CIC, New Delhi. Recently moved to Australia on Work Permit for a 6 month assignment.

We have received Medical request and shall be through with it by this weekend.

Trying to be optimistic and hoping for a passport request in next 1 month. Issue is how to send my passport to India for stamping.

Option 1 (and the last) is that I go to India for passport stamping and wait for an indefinite time for the passport to come back with visa. But this is very risky considering that as I am abroad my employer will not give me 1-2 months holidays to go and get my job done.

Option 2: My husband has come to Australia on a short visit and expected to go back to India next week. Is there any way I can authorize him to carry my passport? I came across various topics on this forums to give an 'Authorization Letter' to authorize the person to carry passport on one's behalf.

Appreciate if someone can post a format/content of such a Letter. Is notarization required? Also, will this lead to 'Visa in Absentia'?

Would appreciate the responses.

If anyone was in a similar situation, please share your experience....

nkk0127

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23-07-2013
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
Re: How to send passport from UK to India (home country) for PR Stamping

thisisdeeps said:
Hi All,

I applied for Canadian PR in May 2013 for me and my husband, visa office being CIC, New Delhi. Recently moved to Australia on Work Permit for a 6 month assignment.

Trying to be optimistic and hoping for a passport request in next 1 month. Issue is how to send my passport to India for stamping.

Option 1 (and the last) is that I go to India for passport stamping and wait for an indefinite time for the passport to come back with visa. But this is very risky considering that as I am abroad my employer will not give me 1-2 months holidays to go and get my job done.

Option 2: My husband has come to Australia on a short visit and expected to go back to India next week. Is there any way I can authorize him to carry my passport? I came across various topics on this forums to give an 'Authorization Letter' to authorize the person to carry passport on one's behalf.

Appreciate if someone can post a format/content of such a Letter. Is notarization required? Also, will this lead to 'Visa in Absentia'?

if u r doing it in India, there is no walk in u need to send thro VFS or courier. Considering u r out of country, not sure if its a good option to send PP

You can probably if its possible at Aus itself, as they are going to ask u to send to Ottawa, and later u shud request for stamping at a different visa office.

thisisdeeps

Apr 24, 2013
nkk0127 said:
if u r doing it in India, there is no walk in u need to send thro VFS or courier. Considering u r out of country, not sure if its a good option to send PP

You can probably if its possible at Aus itself, as they are going to ask u to send to Ottawa, and later u shud request for stamping at a different visa office.
Thanks for the reply.

Incase I go for the option of getting it done in Australia itelf, the problem is my spouse is in India and he would need to travel to Australia for an indefinite leave period and wait until the visa stamping is done as I read that the applicants cannot submit passport in different CIC offices.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
thisisdeeps said:
Hi All,

My 2 cents....
sending your passport while you are not in your home country is risky one and not at all suggestible. If possible ask your husband to postpone his india travel and send for stamping both the passports in australia or you need to travel back to india on vacation and get the stamping done..i heard in india few people got stamping done in 3 days via VFS.
All the very best and post us what you did and your final status as this will be an experience to us. Thank you.

menfields

Oct 18, 2014
Hello, I am currently in the same situation, I applied PR from India as New Delhi as my visa office, but it was transferred to Colombo to speed up the processing, meds done last month. currently I am in USA, my wife and kid are in India.I have already updated the address as 'USA', now got the passport request to submit in Newdelhi via VFS.Not sure what to do,
1) Requesting if I can submit in usa and my wife,kid in NewDelhi
2) sending my passport through a friend with authorization to carry and ask my wife to submit through VFS to newdelhi.

Kindly advice how you did in your case and share your experience,

thanks - David.

ati26

Jan 21, 2015
Hi David

Can you please let me know what process did you follow to get the visa stamping...
as I'm in the same situation as yours
Please reply

Thanks

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
thisisdeeps said:
Hi All,

Hi deeps

What happen to your application? How did you do it? I am also in same kind of situation.

Thanks
Silvi

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
When CIC request passport they provide a email for inquiries about how/where send passports if you have any problem.

Consider to explain clearly your situation and ask for his advise