+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to report a ciriminal offence?

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Hi there, I am in a bit of a situation, my tenant, who is a refugee and might have become a protected person recently, assaulted me and my wife last week and injured me and my wife. he is on social assistance, works on cash and hasn't paid his rent and utilities for over a year! I know this is an LTB matter. he was charged with first-degree assault and taken into custody last week, but then obviously released on a peace bond the same night. I honestly think his presence is a massive threat to all of us and I would like to report this baster to IRCC, it is up to them to decide whether he deserves a PR, not me! how can I report him? Is there a web form or phone number? please be respectful as I am going through hell since the incident, can't even return to my own house freely without fear, and can't leave my wife alone at home for a minute! so please be considerate. thank you in advance.

davenportdiamond

Sep 21, 2023
He has been entered into the CPIC database. IRCC and CBSA will find out automatically and he will likely have to face a hearing at the IRB concerning his status. If convicted, he will automatically be ineligible for permanent residence.

Reactions: itzdrmac and hamasi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, I am in a bit of a situation, my tenant, who is a refugee and might have become a protected person recently, assaulted me and my wife last week and injured me and my wife. he is on social assistance, works on cash and hasn't paid his rent and utilities for over a year! I know this is an LTB matter. he was charged with first-degree assault and taken into custody last week, but then obviously released on a peace bond the same night. I honestly think his presence is a massive threat to all of us and I would like to report this baster to IRCC, it is up to them to decide whether he deserves a PR, not me! how can I report him? Is there a web form or phone number? please be respectful as I am going through hell since the incident, can't even return to my own house freely without fear, and can't leave my wife alone at home for a minute! so please be considerate. thank you in advance.
Have you spoken with the police about a no contact order? Obviously only a piece of paper but an extra layer of legal protection. Would also suggest reporting the welfare fraud to your province.

Reactions: hamasi

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Have you spoken with the police about a no contact order? Obviously only a piece of paper but an extra layer of legal protection. Would also suggest reporting the welfare fraud to your province.

a peace bond is pretty much the same as a contact order. he can't contact me, I can't talk to him! i tried to get a restraining order, but since his primary residence is my basement, police said they cant have him evict his residence or restrain him from coming back to his house!

regarding reporting welfare, I tried to report it, but it seems they can't do anything, as they can't prove whether he works on cash or not! this is kind of unfair, but it is what it is! waste of us taxpayers' money and resources.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
a peace bond is pretty much the same as a contact order. he can't contact me, I can't talk to him! i tried to get a restraining order, but since his primary residence is my basement, police said they cant have him evict his residence or restrain him from coming back to his house!

regarding reporting welfare, I tried to report it, but it seems they can't do anything, as they can't prove whether he works on cash or not! this is kind of unfair, but it is what it is! waste of us taxpayers' money and resources.
Did he include an employer on his rental application?

Phantom0007

Apr 14, 2023
Even coin has 2 sides,
So without hearing the tenant you can’t be trusted easily.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
This is a civil matter. IRCC might refuse their application and start removal proceedings at some point if any criminal charges are laid. This could take months if not years.

You need an attorney to evict the person, that's the only quick and reasonable path imo.

Phantom0007

Apr 14, 2023
This is a civil matter. IRCC might refuse their application and start removal proceedings at some point if any criminal charges are laid. This could take months if not years.

You need an attorney to evict the person, that's the only quick and reasonable path imo.
Exactly

hamasi

Jun 16, 2018
Exactly and why tenant would aggressively attack you and your wife for NO REASON???
There must be something the owner hiding.
I didn't explain the reason why he attacked me, but the conversation started when I approached him to at least pay his utility(he has not paid the rent since Nov2023) He started yelling at me that he is not going to pay the rent since I took the matter to LTB, and I told them, of course, they going to get the money either way, but he has to pay the utility! then he attacked me. If something is still off, I can elaborate more if you need it. worst-case scenario, one shouldn't attack another at al costs! That is how a civilized society works! I assume! right?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I didn't explain the reason why he attacked me, but the conversation started when I approached him to at least pay his utility(he has not paid the rent since Nov2023) He started yelling at me that he is not going to pay the rent since I took the matter to LTB, and I told them, of course, they going to get the money either way, but he has to pay the utility! then he attacked me. If something is still off, I can elaborate more if you need it. worst-case scenario, one shouldn't attack another at al costs! That is how a civilized society works! I assume! right?
You don't have to explain anything to anyone, particularly on an open forum, including this one. The critic will always be critics, no matter that the police felt there were sufficient ground to charge him with assault (wait for it.....next up, the police are racist because they charged him in the comments).
not everyone in Canada (citizen, PR, refugee, student , TFW) is a nice guy or gal, but some here see all refugees as special!

Reactions: hamasi

Phantom0007

Apr 14, 2023
Then you can file a report against Him, Once filed
Then you can report him to IRCC.