+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to remove PGWP restrictions (medical)?

vijin212

Jul 10, 2024
Hi,
Following my studies, I undertook flagpoling to obtain my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Unfortunately, I received a restriction preventing me from working in healthcare due to not providing an updated medical examination.

Subsequently, I completed the required medical examination and contacted IRCC to inquire about removing the restriction. They advised me to apply online. However, I am encountering difficulties with the questionnaire provided by IRCC and require assistance with this process.

Is there anyone who can guide me on this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Following my studies, I undertook flagpoling to obtain my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). Unfortunately, I received a restriction preventing me from working in healthcare due to not providing an updated medical examination.

Subsequently, I completed the required medical examination and contacted IRCC to inquire about removing the restriction. They advised me to apply online. However, I am encountering difficulties with the questionnaire provided by IRCC and require assistance with this process.

Is there anyone who can guide me on this?
You must apply online to chance conditions. It will take several months to remove conditions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/eligibility.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you guide me with the process?
No sorry. Did you even click on the link. It is all there.

If you have a work permit with conditions and are already in Canada

You must follow the steps below to lift the job conditions:

1. Get an upfront medical exam from a panel physician
    • “Upfront” means you get your medical exam done before an immigration officer asks for it.
  2. Apply to change your work permit conditions, and include all the required documents.
    • On the IMM 5710 form, for 1 a), under “Details of intended work in Canada,” select “Other.”
    • Also on the IMM 5710 form, for 1 b), under “Other,” write that you need the conditions removed (not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations).

vijin212

Jul 10, 2024
I went through the link and started my application. When I completed the questionnaire it is only showing to apply for TRV