+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to rectify PGWP application

ghviqc

Feb 16, 2021
I recently finished my masters and applied for pgwp but after completing the appplication I needed to update one more information which was missed.
Here is my scenario:
- Got a job in Canada prior to finishing masters and the company secured a work-permit so that i can start full-time
- Received a work-permit(employer specific LMIA based) before applying for PGWP
- Applied for PGWP but i missed on mentioning about the work-permit received earlier.

Questions:
- How can update that information?
- What impact will it have on my PGWP ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I recently finished my masters and applied for pgwp but after completing the appplication I needed to update one more information which was missed.
Here is my scenario:
- Got a job in Canada prior to finishing masters and the company secured a work-permit so that i can start full-time
- Received a work-permit(employer specific LMIA based) before applying for PGWP
- Applied for PGWP but i missed on mentioning about the work-permit received earlier.

Questions:
- How can update that information?
- What impact will it have on my PGWP ?
Other senior members will comment, but in my opinion you can do nothing and receive your open work permit later. Now other question will be, will the pgwp invalidate closed work permit-LMIA based, I couldnt find any guidelines on this one, and if there isnt then you can keep both. If there is, then your pgwp will invalidate closed work permit.

ghviqc

Feb 16, 2021
Other senior members will comment, but in my opinion you can do nothing and receive your open work permit later. Now other question will be, will the pgwp invalidate closed work permit-LMIA based, I couldnt find any guidelines on this one, and if there isnt then you can keep both. If there is, then your pgwp will invalidate closed work permit.
Thank you for your reply. Will this missed information have impact on my pgwp application? So there is no way to update or rectify afiled application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Will this missed information have impact on my pgwp application? So there is no way to update or rectify afiled application?
You can update information by raise webform if you wish to, provided you validated all forms and submitted. If you received closed work permit while you sent your application for pgwp, raise webform. I dont think it will have impact on your pgwp application, unless if there was question that you ticked no while it was supposed to be yes....

ghviqc

Feb 16, 2021
You can update information by raise webform if you wish to, provided you validated all forms and submitted. If you received closed work permit while you sent your application for pgwp, raise webform. I dont think it will have impact on your pgwp application, unless if there was question that you ticked no while it was supposed to be yes....
thank you for all the information