+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to pay for parent application if CIC says online payment won't be accepted?

Adal

Nov 27, 2013
In CIC Help Centre, under the question "How do I pay for my application to sponsor a parent or grandparent?", says:

As there will be an annual cap on the acceptance of new sponsorship applications for parents and grandparents, payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted by credit card or certified cheque only. Fees that are paid in any other manner (example: on-line payments, HPMB receipt, money orders) will not be accepted and the application will be returned to the sponsor or representative, where applicable. If an application is returned and the applicant re-submits, the application will be placed in the processing queue according to the new date of submission.

How can I pay with credit card if it is not online??? To my understanding, and also according to the online instructions for the application, payment of fees online is the preferred method of payment. But according to the help center now they are only accepting credit card or certified cheque only. How can I pay with credit card if it is not online? Is there a form to fill?

How can I contact CIC to ask this kind of question? Anywhere they provide a contact information it also says you need to have submitted an application, but in order to submit and application you must pay. Is a deadlock, no agent will take the phone if you don't have already an application...

Can anybody help me on this?