+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to organize Application package and Support evidence - Thread welcome input!

jimmykitty2013

Oct 1, 2013
I want to start a thread on how to organize the Application and Support evidence starting from how I am doing them now, and welcome all the experience from you to correct the way that I am doing and provide a nice way to help all people here

1. I use hard paper document organizer with pocket, so that I can categorize them into Sponsor Relate, Application Related, Other Evidence related
2. Sponsor Related – I stapler each application form one by one, follow the sequence of the instruction lay them one on top of the other, (e.g. police clearance with translation and notarization also in this pile, paid receipt also in it)
3. Application Relate – same as above
4. Other evidences in one organizer with pocket, (flight ticket, boarding pass, hotel receipts, rental agreement etc those small things, I put them in a small envelope and lay them in this pocket)
5. Printed out chat history, email, skype records, etc (mine is approx. 500 pages) all in one pile
6. Photos, I know they don’t like the binder, album etc. so I stick the photo on 4A paper with simple notes beside them, don’t do both pages!!)

My general Questions:

1. Staple allowed?
2. Am I doing photos this way good?
3. Chat, email 500 pages too much? (maybe they don’t like it because it is too heavy? Actually, our chat, email are way more than 500 pages, plus 60% time using webcam without any line to be printed out)
4. This organizer with pocket acceptable?

I use this above as starter, welcome for more input to help all of us and also make immigration officer job a little easier

Thanks

JimmyKitty

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
They prefer not to have staples, use paperclips if you can.

I did the same thing as you with the 3 different folders.

Photos should be fine like that, I printed mine out about 4 per page and typed in captions below them.

I did about the same for printed chat history, actually probably a little more, make sure you print the video logs as well. We had a very short courtship before the wedding so i included a ton of chat and video logs. It seems to have worked as we just got called today to pickup the visa on Thursday with no interview needed. With the short time we knew each other before getting married i expected an interview which is why i put so many email/chat/video logs in.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
i used also index tabs for the supporting docs, (not on the forms)...using the numbers provided in the checklist...beside the tabs, I wrote the doc types included in each tab....then I used a big clip to clamp the doc as one big file, placed in a big white labeled envelope, then another transparent envelope as protector...

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
for the pictures, i created three pockets (for 3 family members) in an A4 paper, and sealed our pictures therein. Below the pockets, i labelled it with our names....