+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to mention 1.5 months leave in work experience

parminder8695

Jun 7, 2024
I took unpaid leave from my job starting November 9, 2023 to December 21, 2023 as I went to my home country. But I was getting paystubs with $0 amount. How can I mention this in my express entry profile. And will I eligible for OINP in this case

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I took leave from my job starting November 9, 2023 to December 21, 2023 as I went to my home country. How can I mention this in my express entry profile. And will I eligible for OINP in this case
Were you on paid leave? If not, you separate the job into different time periods. Don’t know if you are eligible for OINP as it depends on what stream.

parminder8695

Jun 7, 2024
Were you on paid leave? If not, you separate the job into different time periods. Don’t know if you are eligible for OINP as it depends on what stream.
I was on unpaid leave but I was getting paystubs with $0 amount. So you mean I should create two entries first entry - May 2023 - November 2023. Second entry December 2023- April 2024. Also my company has not included anything in my job letter regarding leave. I have all the paystubs, Is that ok?

And regarding OINP my noc is 22221- User support technician. I am just confused if may get ineligible because of leave. Please advise

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was on unpaid leave but I was getting paystubs with $0 amount. So you mean I should create two entries first entry - May 2023 - November 2023. Second entry December 2023- April 2024. Also my company has not included anything in my job letter regarding leave. I have all the paystubs, Is that ok?

And regarding OINP my noc is 22221- User support technician. I am just confused if may get ineligible because of leave. Please advise
If you left Canada, then two separate entries. You don’t count the unpaid leave. Again don’t know stream as OINP has 9 streams. Check draws with OINP scores and NOC selection.

parminder8695

Jun 7, 2024
No. Thought it was Canadian experience. What is your CRS score?
My score is 490. I worked in Rogers as tech support consultant during that time. I was confused if that would be considered continuous in OINP. I know for CEC I won’t be facing any issue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My score is 490. I worked in Rogers as tech support consultant during that time. I was confused if that would be considered continuous in OINP. I know for CEC I won’t be facing any issue.
I don’t know OINP HCP rules for work experience. CRS score may be too high for OINP draw.

parminder8695

Jun 7, 2024
So it depends on your CRS score. Check the OINP site.
I don’t know OINP HCP rules for work experience. CRS score may be too high for OINP draw.
Could you confirm that-
I have confusion on how to calculate part-time job hours. Till now what I have understood that in part time job if in a week I am doing 30+hours that will be counted as 30 hours but if I am doing 25 hours then total of 25 will be counted. Please let me know if I am right.

Another confusion is about bi-weekly paystubs. If I have 69 hours in one paystub and 45 in another. How it should be calculated? By adding up 60+45? Please confirm.