+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Maintain Legal status while waiting for the Nominee Application Outcome

ideal1027

May 17, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone please advice me that how can I maintain my legal status (Open work permit status) while waiting for the Ontario Nominee Application (Step 2)to be processed.

I am working in Canada from 2014. I hold an open work permit, which will get expire in a month.

Upon receiving approved Employer pre screen approval from OINP, I have submitted Nominee application in March 2016 and received Nominee Application Acknowledgment Letter and Fee receipt in April 2016 from OINP. Is Nomination Application Acknowledgement called AOR? Can I apply for an extension on the basis of Nominee Application Acknowledgment? And where I can apply for an extension?

Furthermore, I have contacted OINP several times, all I am getting the same reply that to maintain legal status is solely applicant responsibility. On the other hand, in order to apply for extension they required Nominee approval. I am confused not sure what should be done and who to contacted?

Please suggest what I can do in this scenario to sustain my legal status in Canada.

Would appreciate your quick reply.

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Your situation might be similar: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permit-is-about-to-expire-but-want-to-keep-staying-in-canada-as-a-visitor-t407771.0.html