How to improve IELTS reading for 5.5 or + Plus band

ReThink

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been having training in a institute but mine's Reading isn't improving since they day i started it.I searched on google but there i found nothing says to skim , scan , done.To be honestly mine's english isn't strong enough to understand the reality of this diseases but what can i do to be still on 5.5 Plus band infact I'd IELTS Training once but this time I really need help because i'll be giving test to 21st of JUNE 2014.

Thank You

:mad:

mattewmax

May 22, 2014
to get better CLB, try take CELPIP. it is computer-based so if you are familiar with computer use then it is much easier and you will get CLB as much as you need.

ReThink

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes , i know CLB but the problem is In my country it haven't been introduced yet that's why i asked for help :-(

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
Buy the Road to IELTS training online, it has a lot of exercises and it helped me a lot to get a good results (8.5 reading and 7.5 overall). The reading tips and all the exercises are useful, I took my IELTS exam on may 10th and I used this course one month before the exam.

Good luck!

ReThink

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cherishlady said:
Buy the Road to IELTS training online, it has a lot of exercises and it helped me a lot to get a good results (8.5 reading and 7.5 overall). The reading tips and all the exercises are useful, I took my IELTS exam on may 10th and I used this course one month before the exam.

Good luck!
Thank you for your advice my friend but i believe that if your english isn't strong enough you won't be able to get what you can't have it actually so i think or to be honestly if i tell you about my self i can hardly understand english but i'd love to improve it as much as it goes to the top level.Unfortunately that's not happening so in short if i say all this message means that my english isn't strong enough from every point.

Thank you so much my friend your info is helpful.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReThink said:
Thank you for your advice my friend but i believe that if your english isn't strong enough you won't be able to get what you can't have it actually so i think or to be honestly if i tell you about my self i can hardly understand english but i'd love to improve it as much as it goes to the top level.Unfortunately that's not happening so in short if i say all this message means that my english isn't strong enough from every point.

Thank you so much my friend your info is helpful.
So you should go improve your English before taking the test.

Pay for lessons in your country and attend classes because what the member suggested was good.

The only way to improve your IELTS scores is by repeated practice - go over the practice test questions over and over again until you are comfortable with that type of questions.

ReThink

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
So you should go improve your English before taking the test.

Pay for lessons in your country and attend classes because what the member suggested was good.

The only way to improve your IELTS scores is by repeated practice - go over the practice test questions over and over again until you are comfortable with that type of questions.
Sounds interesting to me but the problem remains the same the stronger your english is the better you score any way.I m not denying that your saying is wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help my friend

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ReThink said:
Sounds interesting to me but the problem remains the same the stronger your english is the better you score any way.I m not denying that your saying is wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help my friend
Actually - I've seen people with below average English abilities score quite well on IELTS. Because IELTS isn't really testing your everyday English abilities. All four sections - the format of questions don't change. If you are familiar with the format and lots of practices, your scores could improve drastically.

ReThink

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
Actually - I've seen people with below average English abilities score quite well on IELTS. Because IELTS isn't really testing your everyday English abilities. All four sections - the format of questions don't change. If you are familiar with the format and lots of practices, your scores could improve drastically.
True , but who wouldn't like to practice it everyday to make it better that's the thing in our country most of the students are being taught forcibly to give up on things which normally you can't do it.I'll wish my luck that i'd kill this beast as get i want :) :)

Thank You