+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a NOI? AB

NatachaJeria

Oct 25, 2022
Hello, I hope my question is in the right forum...
Please if someone can advise me. I have a express entry profile with 434 points.
Its says that I met the criteria for Canadian Experience Class, but my points are not enough yet.
I have a work permit that I got from PGWP program, I have been working in BC for more than a year. I did not get a job offer for this, therefore I don't meet the criteria for federal skilled worker nor PNP.
My question is, I would like to move to the province of Alberta, so apply through the Alberta Express Entry stream or get a PNP.
I understand that I need a NOI from Alberta in order to apply to those programs.
I am confused in how to get this, do I need to be living in Alberta already to get the NOI? there is any chance I can apply from BC? if that is the case how can I apply from BC?
How can I let Alberta now that I am interested in the province?

Please if someone can guide me in this, will be very much appreciate it.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
All you can do is list Alberta in the list of provinces you are interested in. Then it's on them.

Alberta doesn't publish the list of occupations they include, so it is more mysterious (read: frustrating). You never know. My wife has Alberta PhD and works in Alberta and didn't get a nomination. We suspect it's because her NOC was not on Alberta's list. (But it was in the past, so you never know).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Through Express Entry, click off that you are interested in AINP. As stated it is based on CRS score and NOC. What helps your chances - job offer, IT job offer, family in province and French.

NatachaJeria

Oct 25, 2022
All you can do is list Alberta in the list of provinces you are interested in. Then it's on them.

Alberta doesn't publish the list of occupations they include, so it is more mysterious (read: frustrating). You never know. My wife has Alberta PhD and works in Alberta and didn't get a nomination. We suspect it's because her NOC was not on Alberta's list. (But it was in the past, so you never know).
Thank you.
I did that, I selected Alberta and BC when that question showed up. I read somewhere that, that section is a survey to find out what provinces are the most popular, I don't know if that is true or not.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.
I did that, I selected Alberta and BC when that question showed up. I read somewhere that, that section is a survey to find out what provinces are the most popular, I don't know if that is true or not.
What is your CRS score and NOC? BC requires a job offer. No It is not a survey.

NatachaJeria

Oct 25, 2022
Through Express Entry, click off that you are interested in AINP. As stated it is based on CRS score and NOC. What helps your chances - job offer, IT job offer, family in province and French.
Thank you for your reply,
Sorry to ask, but where is that section that I can click off AINP? do you mean that section where they ask what provinces I am interested of? I did click Alberta.

NatachaJeria

Oct 25, 2022
So you want to hope that Alberta needs NOC 1311 with your CRS score. Assume you aren’t an accountant.
I am a Bookkeeper. I graduated from school last year. Got my PGWP and I just completed a year of work experience.
I studied and worked in BC. But I want to move to AB and hoping to become PR there.
Thank you for clarifying my doubts, I selected AB in that section I just need to cross fingers that Alberta needs my NOC and my CRS Score.
Thank you