+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend stay in Canada with new 2024 rules?

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
Hi guys,
I'm in dire need for a solution.
My application got cancelled due to incomplete document in August. I reapplied in November through a lawyer, but still haven't gotten an Invite. My points are 493 and the cut off is now 561 so clearly I won't be getting an ITA any time soon unless the points dip down.
I have a PGWP that is expiring in August 2024, and I just saw the news that they will not be extending PGWP anymore after Demcember 2023.
What are my options to extend my work permit and stay in Canada? I do not have a spouse and I don't think a bridging work permit is possible without an ITA.
Can someone please help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
I'm in dire need for a solution.
My application got cancelled due to incomplete document in August. I reapplied in November through a lawyer, but still haven't gotten an Invite. My points are 493 and the cut off is now 561 so clearly I won't be getting an ITA any time soon unless the points dip down.
I have a PGWP that is expiring in August 2024, and I just saw the news that they will not be extending PGWP anymore after Demcember 2023.
What are my options to extend my work permit and stay in Canada? I do not have a spouse and I don't think a bridging work permit is possible without an ITA.
Can someone please help?
- Find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and also obtain an approved LMIA so that you can qualify for a closed work permit.
- Get ITA, submit your application, and receive AOR before your PGWP expires so that you can apply for a BOWP.
- Apply and obtain a provincial nomination so that you can qualify for a BOWP

NaomiAmanda

Aug 14, 2023
- Find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and also obtain an approved LMIA so that you can qualify for a closed work permit.
- Get ITA, submit your application, and receive AOR before your PGWP expires so that you can apply for a BOWP.
- Apply and obtain a provincial nomination so that you can qualify for a BOWP
- I am trying to get an LIMA, but it looks like a slim chance.
- Getting an ITA with the cut off being so high doesn't look likely.
- In Ontario, it's hard to get PNP. Is there any province I can get PNP within 6 months of working there?

mudittchauhan

Jan 6, 2020
Hi @NaomiAmanda,

I am also in the same boat as you. My PGWP going to expire in Aug 2024. Last month, on Dec 8th, I got the ITA under CEC. But not sure whether to proceed with it or decline as my old ECA (From IQAS) expired before the ITA, and a new ECA is in process (From ICAS) and it will come around Feb-March. If I decline or my application gets rejected, not sure what I will do to extend my stay.