+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to enter details of lateral entry degree into the express entry profile

prajeesh

Jan 8, 2015
I am from india. I have a confusion here while entering details in the express entry profile.

My education is as follows:

After completing my degree (10+2+3), I did an advanced diploma course (DOEACC A Level) from 2001 to 2002. It took 1 more year for me to actually clear all the papers. Then I did MCA from 2005 to 2007 (annamalai university). I was admitted to the 3rd semester of MCA directly, thanks to the advanced diploma that I had taken earlier. In effect, I completed the course in 2 years instead of 3 years.

Recently I have obtained the ECA from WES. As per the report from WES, my MCA is equivalent to Master's degree in canada and the duration of the course is mentioned as 3 years. Similary the my degree is mentioned as equivalent to bachelors in canada. WES, however did not assess my diploma course due to some of their policies.

Now my confusion is here in filling the section Study and Languages > Education History in the express entry profile.

When I added details of my MCA I have mentioned that the study is from June 2005 to May 2007. But what will I mention in the column Complete/full academic years

Should I mention 3 years or 2 years. If I add 2 , it will be contradicting the WES report. If I add 3, it will be contradicting the duration of the study which I mentioned in the above fields.

Kindly help!

goldenbowl

Feb 13, 2014
prajeesh said:
If anyone has got a guess, Kindly help!
what have you entered when you send the docs to WES..?

if entered 2 Year then you again should write 2 Year...
if entered 3 Year then you again should write 3 Year..

i also having 2 Year MCA (Lateral Entry).. so i will also need to think about this when i will create EE Profile...

i think 2 Year/3 Year MCA alone does not matter.. they have also check your previous post secondary education, if any before MCA..

so this is something like this 4 Year Bachelors + 2 Year Masters = 2 Masters (Canadian Equivalent)
but if 3 Year Bachelors + 3 Year Masters = 2 Master (Canadian Equivalent)
but if 3 Year Bachelors + 2 Year Masters = 4 Year Bachelors (Canadian Equivalent)

so i am 99.9% sure that WES is not aware about 2 Year MCA under lateral entry so they assessed your MCA not 2/3 Year MCA.. if your degree is regular and full time then its ok.. no problem regarding 2 Year/3 Year..

if on your EE Profile they ask you normal duration of MCA then you can enter 3 Year, and in other column they ask your actual degree duration then you can enter 2 Year but i think no such facility is there over EE Profile..

also let me know when you clarify..

cheers..

Sam0211

Sep 23, 2014
hello evry1
i have some queries regarding EE..hoping to get help from all of you.....i have completed professional degree in Bangladesh now become a Chartered Accountant from ICAB. My WES evaluation is Bachelor degree 3 years as i did not evaluate my professional degree.
# If i mention my professional degree in my EE profile is it going to create any problem or it's better not to mention it...plz let me know guys
# have applied in july...application returned on November due to insufficient job duties..so i have a Uci number do i need to mention that i have applied before along with Uci number??
# On work History there is qs about Date I first became qualified to practice in this occupation....what should i write here going to apply for NOC 1111 financial auditor and accountants?
thanx in advance

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Hi prajeesh, How did you get the transcript for your DOEACC society education? Is WES evaluate this education?

Thanks
Rabi

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
Just enter the number of years shown on youe ECA, that's the Canadaian Equivalency

doesn't matter its for 2/3 or 4 years

enter whatever report says

will that help?

rudiksh

Jan 4, 2016
Hi Prajeesh,

I am planning to do WES course by course evaluation for my Degree + DOEACC A level - I would like to know how you defined A level in WES - " institution type" column.
Also if you can let me know - what documents you have submitted for A level - that will be great. I have only my passing mark sheets for A levels ( which shows grade) but no certificate.

Thank you in advance,

May 22, 2017
Hi Prajeesh,
I am not sure how to get transcripts from DOEACC. Please help!!!!!

I am from india. I have a confusion here while entering details in the express entry profile.

After completing my degree (10+2+3), I did an advanced diploma course (DOEACC A Level) from 2001 to 2002. It took 1 more year for me to actually clear all the papers. Then I did MCA from 2005 to 2007 (annamalai university). I was admitted to the 3rd semester of MCA directly, thanks to the advanced diploma that I had taken earlier. In effect, I completed the course in 2 years instead of 3 years.

Recently I have obtained the ECA from WES. As per the report from WES, my MCA is equivalent to Master's degree in canada and the duration of the course is mentioned as 3 years. Similary the my degree is mentioned as equivalent to bachelors in canada. WES, however did not assess my diploma course due to some of their policies.

Now my confusion is here in filling the section Study and Languages > Education History in the express entry profile.

When I added details of my MCA I have mentioned that the study is from June 2005 to May 2007. But what will I mention in the column Complete/full academic years

Should I mention 3 years or 2 years. If I add 2 , it will be contradicting the WES report. If I add 3, it will be contradicting the duration of the study which I mentioned in the above fields.

Kindly help!

ankitataus

Jan 18, 2018

Kindly help!

Hello Dear,
Just today, I got same reply (asking for degree certificate ) from WES even after sending sealed enveloped from DOEACC + copy of all marksheet and A level certificate provided by DOEACC.

I am not sure, how to get degree certificate from DOEACC. Any idea or information or update you have ? Please do share.

Thanks
Ankit T

Oct 24, 2018
Hello Dear,
Just today, I got same reply (asking for degree certificate ) from WES even after sending sealed enveloped from DOEACC + copy of all marksheet and A level certificate provided by DOEACC.

I am not sure, how to get degree certificate from DOEACC. Any idea or information or update you have ? Please do share.

Thanks
Ankit T
Hi Ankit,
What you replied or submitted after this reply. I have also done A Level and I am doing ECA from IQAS. Did you get transcript from Doeacc? How?

thanks,
Satpal Singh