+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to confirm the receipt of medical test results by Ottawa office

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
Dear all,
Is there a way to check if our medical test results have been received by Ottawa office for assessment? Actually, I have been giving calls to the doctor's office for last few days and they are neither telling me about the results (or their dispatch) nor they are refusing me by saying they cannot disclose this information.

I am not sure how to verify all these things officially as I have no idea if it is our right to atleast know the results were ok or not.
Please advise.

Thanks.l

flusty

Nov 6, 2010
If you have a medical condition, you have every right to know... and its the doctors moral responsibility to tell you to undergo further tests to make sure even before they send the results to CIC.... I dont know why your DMP is making a farce about this... most DMP will tell you to call in 2-3 weeks to see if everything is okay and they will actually tell you that every thing is fine and the results have been sent... they will not give you details but will tell you that all is clear and it has been sent...

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Yeah I am a little pissed off on this too. teh doctor told me that he is not goign to tell me teh results but he mentioned that if there is something wrong they will call me so i was a little sure that it's a little peace of mind. And then after one week (yesterday) I called againt o check if they have sent my file and they said that they are sending it today. And i insisted again that if everything is ok and she said that all I know the Doc didn't ask me to call you back. So that's a positive sign(hopefully). But this is kinda screwed up that they won't tell you ypur meds results.

It's just stupid!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umairz said:
Yeah I am a little pissed off on this too. teh doctor told me that he is not goign to tell me teh results but he mentioned that if there is something wrong they will call me so i was a little sure that it's a little peace of mind. And then after one week (yesterday) I called againt o check if they have sent my file and they said that they are sending it today. And i insisted again that if everything is ok and she said that all I know the Doc didn't ask me to call you back. So that's a positive sign(hopefully). But this is kinda screwed up that they won't tell you ypur meds results.

It's just stupid!
Because it is CIC rules. The DMP is only to tell you if you have a medical condition that you are unaware of. You might want to read the DMP Handbook. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
PMM said:
Hi

Because it is CIC rules. The DMP is only to tell you if you have a medical condition that you are unaware of. You might want to read the DMP Handbook. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf
Yes, I do understand that but what i meant that why is it this way? I mean it's your health report and quite frankly I had a medical examination before in 2009 when they I renewed my study permit and the doctor who i went to called me back to talk and let me knwo everything that " You are in good health and nothing to worry and I am sending off your results to CIC". Now that was nice of him. At the end of the day PMM, what is it? Just a peace of mind.

That's why it didn't make sense to me, other than that, it's tehe rule and you got to follow it.