+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to claim job offer 50 points in absence of company letter on NAFTA/ICF work permit

myfavworld

Dec 28, 2019
I am currently working in Toronto on closed work permit (ICT based, US transfer) IT company and would be completing one year in Jan 2020. Company provides offer letter mentioning period of 1 year only that is ending on Jan 2020. I have been with this company for 10 years plus (5 in India, 6 in USA). The fact that I will be still working with company post Jan 2020 should itself suffice that I am a permanent employee and should get 50 points for the job offer since company does not provide letter. However what would the CIC/Immigration need as document to give me those 50 points without I having offer letter? Would the fact that my work permit expires in Oct 2020 would be bottleneck and should I wait for company to file extension for next 2 years and only when I get next 2 years work permit should I claim for 50 points?
Please help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am currently working in Toronto on closed work permit (ICT based, US transfer) IT company and would be completing one year in Jan 2020. Company provides offer letter mentioning period of 1 year only that is ending on Jan 2020. I have been with this company for 10 years plus (5 in India, 6 in USA). The fact that I will be still working with company post Jan 2020 should itself suffice that I am a permanent employee and should get 50 points for the job offer since company does not provide letter. However what would the CIC/Immigration need as document to give me those 50 points without I having offer letter? Would the fact that my work permit expires in Oct 2020 would be bottleneck and should I wait for company to file extension for next 2 years and only when I get next 2 years work permit should I claim for 50 points?
Please help.
You need another offer letter.