+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Change My Address as a Sponsor on IRCC for Outland Sponsorship?

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I’m sponsoring my wife, who is currently outside of Canada, and I recently changed my own address. I’ve been trying to update my address with IRCC but haven’t had any luck. I used the IRCC webform, but I received the following message:

"
We could not change your address for one of the following reasons:

• Invalid method chosen
Your request had include a change of contact information and a second question. Please send your second question separately by filling out another webform.

How to change your contact information

It is important to keep your contact information up to date to avoid delays in processing your application. The following information will help you determine the appropriate way to submit your change of address request.

· First Permanent Resident Card

If you immigrated to Canada as a Permanent Resident (PR) less than 180 days ago, you must give us your new address to receive your first PR card. To tell us your new address, please use the online address notification tool on our website.

· Your application is being processed outside Canada

You may need to contact the Canadian visa office serving your region directly to change your address.

· Your application is being processed in Canada

In most cases, you can change your address online. The changes should appear in your file within 5 business days.

Please submit a webform using the appropriate method above. For more information on changing an address online, you may consult our Help Centre.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

canada.ca/immigration

Note: By initiating email communication with IRCC, you are authorizing IRCC to use your email address to communicate personal information on your file, or case, with you. You also understand that email communication may not be a secure channel. IRCC is not responsible for communicating personal information to a third party when it has made the necessary efforts to identify them. IRCC is also not responsible for the misuse of this information by a third party. To consult the IRCC policy on Internet use, click here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/terms-conditions.html
"
The message also mentioned that:

• If my application is being processed outside of Canada, I may need to contact the visa office serving the region directly. But my application is processing in Sydney
  • When I try to use the links provided, I can only find options to change the PA's (Principal Applicant's) address, but not mine as the sponsor.
Does anyone know how I can change my address as the sponsor in an outland sponsorship application? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!