+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to calculate our score for PNP BC? ANYONE?

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
sadia jalil said:
Hello friends! can anyone tell please how to calculate our score for BC pnp?
Hi! If you make an online account on BC PNP website and fill out the forms in your catgory, you should be able to see your score. Do not hit the submit button and simply log out. You should see the points as soon you log in again. There will be a detailed chart and total amount of points.

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yelenah said:
Hi! If you make an online account on BC PNP website and fill out the forms in your catgory, you should be able to see your score. Do not hit the submit button and simply log out. You should see the points as soon you log in again. There will be a detailed chart and total amount of points.
Thank you very much!!!.My score is 84 points...still very low to 105 required for international graduate..can you suggest anything to improve that score? is there any hope the point requirement will decline in current future? your opinion???

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
sadia jalil said:
Thank you very much!!!.My score is 84 points...still very low to 105 required for international graduate..can you suggest anything to improve that score? is there any hope the point requirement will decline in current future? your opinion???
My husband has 73 points, and the points required for his category are 95. He also doesn't have enough. It is very hard to have points beyond the required line... I think, as this point system is adopted from Express Entry, it will function in the same way and that eventually the points necessary for the invitiation will lower. In EE the points necessary were 900, and they are already lowered to around 460! There is hope.

Bonus points:

In my husband's category: if he works more than 12 months in BC, he gains 10 extra points. For us, that will be achieved in August.

You can gain 4 extra points if you verify your highschool diploma or any other diploma through WES system. If you have questions about that, ask. :)
We will gain 14 extra points. 73 + 14 = 87. Still not enough, but looks better anyway. If and when they lower the point bar (which will, I hope, happen when they see the profiles of candidates in the pool), we will hopefully get invited.
Good luck!!

zoey2015

Sep 1, 2015
Also you can download an application guide from BC PNP website.

Probably boost your score by get a higher mark on English or request an increase to your boss.

I have 91 and it's far from their standard.. I'm not sure if I should give it a try.

Hopefully more people will share their experience

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yelenah said:
My husband has 73 points, and the points required for his category are 95. He also doesn't have enough. It is very hard to have points beyond the required line... I think, as this point system is adopted from Express Entry, it will function in the same way and that eventually the points necessary for the invitiation will lower. In EE the points necessary were 900, and they are already lowered to around 460! There is hope.

Bonus points:

In my husband's category: if he works more than 12 months in BC, he gains 10 extra points. For us, that will be achieved in August.

You can gain 4 extra points if you verify your highschool diploma or any other diploma through WES system. If you have questions about that, ask. :)
We will gain 14 extra points. 73 + 14 = 87. Still not enough, but looks better anyway. If and when they lower the point bar (which will, I hope, happen when they see the profiles of candidates in the pool), we will hopefully get invited.

Thanks dear for your feed back, I have done masters from BC based university, do you suggest to go for evaluation through WES for my previous degree? as I perceived that scoring is for foreign degree credential evaluated OR degree from Canada? lets hope for the best, its frustrating currently.
Good luck!!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
zoey2015 said:
Also you can download an application guide from BC PNP website.

Probably boost your score by get a higher mark on English or request an increase to your boss.

I have 91 and it's far from their standard.. I'm not sure if I should give it a try.

Hopefully more people will share their experience
do we need a job offer?

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yelenah said:
on Canada visa website there is a calculator to do so...not sure if its all perfect