+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to bring my baby born out of the canada?

pwkamal

Apr 26, 2012
hi Leon,
i landed Canada December 2010 with my 2 kids and wife and we had to returned in January 2011 after one month stay in Canada. march 2011 my wife gave birth to a 3rd baby and my father in low passed away by an cancer.so, we had to stay in my motherland up to now.and we hope to go back again to Canada September 2013.our PR will be expired on 04.02.2016..i applied for visit visa for my new born baby twice and it was refused.
my problems are
1.how can bring my new baby with us?
2.we have enough days to PR renewal requirements, but will Canadian immigration officers make problems for landing?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a TRP. You can use the TRV/visit visa form but write a cover letter stating that you are applying for a TRP based on your TRV applications for the baby being denied and your reasons for needing a TRP is because you want to sponsor your baby for PR and need to be in Canada to do that and it would be hardship on your family to be separate if you have to go to Canada alone. A TRP is similar to a TRV but allows the visa officer to concider H&C circumstances for the visa even when a TRV would be refused. Babies with PR parents are sometimes approved for this.

If the TRP is refused, go to Canada alone and apply to sponsor the child. Once you have been approved as a sponsor (takes 1-2 months), you send a copy of that document to your wife and she can try to apply for a TRP again stating that it is hardship on your family to be separated and you are now in Canada and have started the sponsorship of the baby and been approved as a sponsor. Maybe she will get it then and she could then join you in Canada. Otherwise, you would have to wait for the baby to get PR.

pwkamal

Apr 26, 2012
thanks loen,
we decided to go Canada without youngest and than sponsor for him.could you please answer my following questions too.

1. i have got an offer from Mohawk college, Ontario for a diploma course which is starting coming September. while doing a college course can i sponsor my baby?
2. how long it will take to process sponsorship?
3. earlier we went to Ontario and stayed there about 20 days and returned back Srilanka. now, we planed to go Vancouver. is it possible to do this? is there nay restrictions to go Vancouver?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no specific financial requirement to sponsor a baby but better if you or your wife can show some kind of income so immigration does not think you will have to go on welfare. If your wife is planning to work, it would be better if she sponsors him.

Processing time depends on your visa office. Colombo, 80% of applications completed by 16 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia Odds are that a small child will be faster because he can not be denied on medicals and there will be almost no background checks but you should estimate a few months anyway.

There are no restrictions going to Vancouver this time.