+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for TRV from Canada for my Kid who is in Canada with a Visitor Permit which is expiring in December 2024

shammidesilva

Jun 30, 2024
Hi All, I came to canada as an international student and currently in on PGWP, I want to apply for TRV for me , my wife (SOWP) and my kid who is still on Visitor Record.

What is the correct process to do this. I got news from few people that to get the new visa for my kid, it is a big process.

Please share your thoughts on this.

shammidesilva

Jun 30, 2024
Do you want a TRV or visitor record? TRV is for child to return to Canada and visitor record is to extend stay while. In Canada.
I have applied for my wife's and kid's permit renewal, they should arrive soon. we all want to extend our Visa so we can leave and come back to Canada while our permits are valid. kid is still not going to school. kid will get a new visitor record. wife will get work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for my wife's and kid's permit renewal, they should arrive soon. we all want to extend our Visa so we can leave and come back to Canada while our permits are valid. kid is still not going to school. kid will get a new visitor record. wife will get work permit.
So you are applying for a new TRV because there is no such thing as renewal. You applied for a TRV just like you did for your child the first time.

Visitor record is a totally different thing. Since child is in Canada on TRV, child can stay up to 6 months. To maintain status, you apply for visitor record.

Your question is how to apply for TRV for child who has been in Canada since December. If TRV is valid, you don’t apply for new one. You apply for a visitor record to maintain status in Canada.

shammidesilva

Jun 30, 2024
So you are applying for a new TRV because there is no such thing as renewal. You applied for a TRV just like you did for your child the first time.

Visitor record is a totally different thing. Since child is in Canada on TRV, child can stay up to 6 months. To maintain status, you apply for visitor record.

Your question is how to apply for TRV for child who has been in Canada since December. If TRV is valid, you don’t apply for new one. You apply for a visitor record to maintain status in Canada.
I think there is a misunderstanding, to sum up the current situation

- I came as a student with my wife and 4 year old ( Study Permit + SOWP + Visitor Record)
- Completed studies and got PGWP
- Applied for new permits for Wife & kid ( Work Permit + Visitor Record)
- As per our initial Visa Stamped on our passports Our Visa expires on 30th December 2024
- I want to extend my visa for Me, My Wife & My Kid ( Still not in school)
- Getting me and my wife's Visa renewal is very straight forward
- Some say since the child is on Visitor Record the renewal is different from ours and need some extra documents

If you or someone can clarify this it will be awesome.