+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Apply for CEC from Outside of Canada

rakesh_xav

Sep 20, 2010
I will be going back to India in a month. I wanted to know the following details:
1. Can we apply for PR through the CEC from India, I have canada exp of 2yrs 9 months? ( From CIC Website, how to apply for CEC section has a mention of Outside of Canada)
2. What will be the fees ( The Indian site does not have any details on CEC class )
3. Has any one applied for PR through CEC from India, If yes could you pls give any details and advise.

Any other relevant details for applying for CEC from India, will also help.

Thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rakesh_xav said:
I will be going back to India in a month. I wanted to know the following details:
1. Can we apply for PR through the CEC from India, I have canada exp of 2yrs 9 months? ( From CIC Website, how to apply for CEC section has a mention of Outside of Canada)
2. What will be the fees ( The Indian site does not have any details on CEC class )
3. Has any one applied for PR through CEC from India, If yes could you pls give any details and advise.

Any other relevant details for applying for CEC from India, will also help.

Thanks.
All CEC applications are processed through Buffalo. Read their site.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, you can apply from India. You will complete the application the same way as everyone else, but submit it to CIC-New Delhi. They will forward the application to Buffalo to complete the processing.

"If you left Canada, you will have to apply at the Canadian Visa Office that serves your area.
List of Canadian Visa Offices:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp"

Note that if you submit your application before you leave Canada, you can submit directly to Buffalo. If you submit your application after you leave Canada, you must submit it to the visa office responsible for your region (for India, CHC New Delhi).

PA_TFW

Feb 18, 2011
@rakesh_xav

I am also in the same situation. i also have 3.5 years of Canadian experience.(curently under WP )
I will be going back to india in 1 month.
Can you let me know the details, how to submit the PR application in CHC New Delhi? (under CEC )
Also what are the processing times when we submit the application in CHC New Delhi (under CEC)???

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PA_TFW said:
@ rakesh_xav

I am also in the same situation. i also have 3.5 years of Canadian experience.(curently under WP )
I will be going back to india in 1 month.
Can you let me know the details, how to submit the PR application in CHC New Delhi? (under CEC )
Also what are the processing times when we submit the application in CHC New Delhi (under CEC)???
You will submit it to New Delhi and they will send it to Buffalo for processing. Last year processing time was 10 months but it seems to be taking longer this year.