+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for a visa if my father is paying for my finances

Rizilia kinny

Sep 30, 2017
Hello ,

I am 20 year old currently living with my parents. I am still a student hence I do not have a job yet . My parents pay for all my finances . I want to visit vancouver next year in the month of July . I will be staying with my friend who is living there currently on student visa . What do I need as proof to show while applying for a visa . How much minimum balance will be required in my father's account .

Hardik001

Oct 1, 2017
Hello ,

I am 20 year old currently living with my parents. I am still a student hence I do not have a job yet . My parents pay for all my finances . I want to visit vancouver next year in the month of July . I will be staying with my friend who is living there currently on student visa . What do I need as proof to show while applying for a visa . How much minimum balance will be required in my father's account .
Minimum balance depends on how many weeks you gonna stay up in Canada, one week = 1000 Canadian dollars

Rizilia kinny

Sep 30, 2017
hello hardik ,

i will be turning 21 next july . i am currently perusing a course which i have already paid for and i have also been working from the past 1 year for tata group of companies . i plan on visiting canada next year . if i get a letter from my college along with my fee receipt and a letter from my work place along with my salary slips and form 16 , saying i can resume my studies and work post my vacation will that help ? . i will also be booking my flights both back and forth well in advance and giving copies of them along with the application
the only thing is that my father who is currently working for the indian navy and will be on posting during my vacation and he will be paying for my entire trip and giving proof of the balance . what are the chances ?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Honestly its very hard for a young student to get a visa .. you can apply but you need to show iron clad why you need to return to India.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i will be turning 21 next july . i am currently perusing a course which i have already paid for and i have also been working from the past 1 year for tata group of companies . i plan on visiting canada next year .
If we understand correctly either your study program is a distance education or an online program (= zero study ties)..... or you are employed part-time/internship at Tata (= weak employment ties)

Rizilia kinny

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly its very hard for a young student to get a visa .. you can apply but you need to show iron clad why you need to return to India.
isn't return tickets a letter from my college and work place and the fact that my family who is sponsoring my trip still in the country a reson good enough ?

Rizilia kinny

Sep 30, 2017
If we understand correctly either your study program is a distance education or an online program (= zero study ties)..... or you are employed part-time/internship at Tata (= weak employment ties)
its a full time job . i work for 8 hours daily . i have an confirmation letter too and my course too is full time from a college . it is not online course or part time job . i have proof to state both .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
isn't return tickets a letter from my college and work place and the fact that my family who is sponsoring my trip still in the country a reson good enough ?
Your ties to India are very weak. I would advise against applying for a TRV.

The visa officer does not consider return tickets as a reason to return because someone can cancel the return flights/overstay his/her visit.

As you don't have the financials to afford the visit, it could seem to a visa officer that you may work illegally when you visit. If you are employed then you should be able to afford the visit without depending on someone else

Hardik001

Oct 1, 2017
hello hardik ,

i will be turning 21 next july . i am currently perusing a course which i have already paid for and i have also been working from the past 1 year for tata group of companies . i plan on visiting canada next year . if i get a letter from my college along with my fee receipt and a letter from my work place along with my salary slips and form 16 , saying i can resume my studies and work post my vacation will that help ? . i will also be booking my flights both back and forth well in advance and giving copies of them along with the application
the only thing is that my father who is currently working for the indian navy and will be on posting during my vacation and he will be paying for my entire trip and giving proof of the balance . what are the chances ?
Sorry my brother just apply it , who knows you would get visa with luck but it's very hard as you haven't visit any country before this , negative point is your friend is on student visa as a result he can't able to give you invitation later . Put just apply but you don't need to buy tickets as it doesn't matter . Best of luck mate

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
its a full time job . i work for 8 hours daily . i have an confirmation letter too and my course too is full time from a college . it is not online course or part time job . i have proof to state both .
It would be difficult to convince the visa officer that you are studying + employed full time at both places..... simultaneously

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I am afraid a return ticket is meaningless you can abandon it as people often will. people also abandon studies and jobs all the time.

Only family that really counts as a tie would be a wife and kids ... kids leave parents all the time its growing up .. brothers and sisters again are similar.

The reality is you need to travel for a bit closer to home and should do so ... you have plenty of time to visit Canada. You are welcome to apply but dont be surprised about a denial