+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to appeal

zehr_gut

Feb 27, 2009
i am writing on behalf of a freind , whoasked me about how to appeal and if that would help in her case.may someone can help here.
she wrote :
i have been in the process of immigration with Canadian immigration for the past 4 years. Since last year, the immigration requested range of documents which i have been sending them. In their latest letter dated February 11, they have refused my application on the grounds that I have not sent them the documents requested.

They had requested following documents, originally on June 25 and in August 19, 2008. To which I had been sending them written replies with whatever documents sequentially I could get from the government authorities.

However, the following documents are deemed as pending from my side:

- Application for permanent residence to be completed by my husband : To which I had written to them that my husband is not applying for the residency and therefore i am not sending the application. I did not receive any further instruction that they need it even if he is not applying for residency.

- 5 recent passport photos of my husband (this was requested even though husband was a non-accompanying defendant) - It was never explained before in writing that they require it even if my husband is not applying for residency.

- Original good conduct certificate for all the countries i had resided: I had sent the original police certificate (country of my origin) and was in the process of providing the good conduct certificate from country I am residing now. I had sent written letter with a copy of the receipt given by Police authority regarding the initiation of the process. Unfortunately, since I am not a national there, I was given the Police certification only at the end of January 09 and was about to send it to them with the rights of landing fee.

- Payment for right of Permanent Residence fee for myself. I did not submit it since I did not have the police certificate yet.

Given the circumstances, I would like to appeal or request them to reconsider my application as open, at this last stage of application.
any suggestion as to how to appeal and if they would reconsider or am i wasting my time ? thanks.