+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to answer "Have you ever been refused any kind of visa" in PGWP 5710E form?

miaomiao

Jun 6, 2014
I am applying for the postgraduate working permit now.
Everything is perfect except " Have you ever been refused any kind of visa" question.
My initial application for the study permit has been refused at xxx 2012 by the following reason mentioned in the rejection letter given by visa office:
"You have not satisfied me that you have sufficient and available financial
resources,without working in Canada,to pay the tuition fees and maintain
yourself during your proposed period of study."
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the
period authorized for your stay."

Now I try to answer this question as" My initial application for the study permit has been refused at January 2012 ,its file number is xxxxxxxx. "
And then I tried to input the original reason as above but later I found its words is beyond the limitation of the words in this blank

Cause I supposed my own paraphrased reason (like by the reason of insufficient funds and tendency to immigrate to Canada) is not accurate and may lead to some misunderstanding. Can I just keep the answer as "My initial application for the study permit has been refused at January 2012 ,its file number is xxxxxxxx." ?

Anybody has any idea about this or experiences about this (no offense)?
Really appropriate for yours reply! Thanks a lot in advance.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

miaomiao said:
I am applying for the postgraduate working permit now.
Everything is perfect except " Have you ever been refused any kind of visa" question.
My initial application for the study permit has been refused at xxx 2012 by the following reason mentioned in the rejection letter given by visa office:
"You have not satisfied me that you have sufficient and available financial
resources,without working in Canada,to pay the tuition fees and maintain
yourself during your proposed period of study."
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the
period authorized for your stay."

Now I try to answer this question as" My initial application for the study permit has been refused at January 2012 ,its file number is xxxxxxxx. "
And then I tried to input the original reason as above but later I found its words is beyond the limitation of the words in this blank

Cause I supposed my own paraphrased reason (like by the reason of insufficient funds and tendency to immigrate to Canada) is not accurate and may lead to some misunderstanding. Can I just keep the answer as "My initial application for the study permit has been refused at January 2012 ,its file number is xxxxxxxx." ?

Anybody has any idea about this or experiences about this (no offense)?
Really appropriate for yours reply! Thanks a lot in advance.

You do not have to explain, just write 'Yes'. They will have access to your history with your UCI number.