+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add spouse into Express Entry after getting OINP- Before click I accept??

imba22

Mar 28, 2019
MY CRS score was 459 Without spouse accompanying in EE, when I got the OINP nomination. While filling OINP application I marked spouse accompanying. I also attached a letter with the OINP application, explaining how things have changed since the time I applied for EE, and now my spouse has completed her studies and now she would want to accompany me. At the time of EE she was in school, and was not planning to accompany me. Anyhow the OINP application got approved in Feb-2022 with spouse accompanying and I can see a new accept button in the express entry profile section.
Now my question:
  1. How do I add my spouse into EE? I do not see any option to add spouse in the EE application.
  2. Should I try to add her, before clicking the accept provincial nomination button?
  3. Is it possible to click the accept button and then later add my wife as accompanying dependent

Sakshi027

Jan 27, 2022
You can add spouse when you receive an ITA, for now just accept the OINP nomination and wait for the EE draw. I assume you will receive an ITA in next draw with addition of 600 points to your existing CRS score!

When you receive invitation to apply (ITA) and accept the same, further continuing the application you will see the option of adding spouse and any dependents, you can add them.

You may or may not write a letter of explanation (LOE) when submitting the Permanent Resident application regarding the addition spouse & dependents at a later stage in your application, my cousin did not write any application and received PPR.

Hope this helps!