+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Strong is my case i have a 1 year gap ?

Jul 4, 2012
hi i finished my 12th in 2010 and then joined engineering but i disliked my course and i stopped because i have strong interest for management i have even worked in AIESEC and i have a 6 month internship certificate in a company . so i have decided to go to Canada to do my undergrad i have applied to Algonquin for bachelors in e-business and supply chain management 4 years course and got accepted but i have one year gap and i known i cant show the visa officer that i dropped out and i am applying for sep 2012 intake .

i am applying under spp:

my profile is
12 std 73%
IELTS 7.5 listening 6.5 reading 6.0 writing and 8.5 speaking over all 7 band
funds : payed $ 7,150 first sem fees and got loan sanctioned of 20 lakhs ($37,000)
showing one year living and 2 years for study funds

so what are my chances and any advice

one year gap so how strong is my chance to get a visa

i am kind of worried about the gap will there be a problem if i don't show my internship certificate during that one year gap

Nawtyp

Jun 8, 2012
Their is no problem with having a year gap,if it's two,then you need to provide a resume to state what you have been doing during the gap.However,if your internship certificate relates with your proposed course in Canada,then I will suggest you to include it.

OCEANDRIVE

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Never Called
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon
i am kind of worried about the gap will there be a problem if i don't show my internship certificate during that one year gap
You have good grades in your 12th and your IELTS seems fine.
Just concentrate on your strong points in your SOP and Just mention that you chose engineering ignorantly

Regarding the Gap be truthful about what you did in that one year in the students questionnaire form