+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How old the PCC should be?

ana_colours

Jun 29, 2019
I received an ITA now, however, got a US PCC issued in February itself. Will be submitting my application in september. Is my US PCC still acceptable? I have lived in the US between 2016 and 2018 and am now back in India.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I received an ITA now, however, got a US PCC issued in February itself. Will be submitting my application in september. Is my US PCC still acceptable? I have lived in the US between 2016 and 2018 and am now back in India.
Did you get the PCC after you left the US? If yes, then it's acceptable. If you returned to the US and stayed there for six months or more after getting this PCC, you may need a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
-------
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.