+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time IRCC is taking to make first contact with cases send to its local Local office at Etobicoke?

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
PR Card renewal application is at local office since Mar 21 and no contact so far! any idea how long should I expect before local office make first contact.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
PR Card renewal application is at local office since Mar 21 and no contact so far! any idea how long should I expect before local office make first contact.
Is your file DM? If yes, maybe you were selected to pick it up in-person.

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
DM means decision made. Have you checked your file status on ecas?
Yes, just checked and its Decision Made. ... i hope this is a good news ... not sure if local offices have started in-person meetings or how long is the que.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Yes, just checked and its Decision Made. ... i hope this is a good news ... not sure if local offices have started in-person meetings or how long is the que.
Don't want to disappoint you but people wait for more than a year after DM for PR card renewal if it was sent to a local office (like in your case). The offices are closed due to COVID, but IRCC follows the same procedure as in pre-COVID time...

Here is the right thread. You can ask people there too: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-new-renewal-processing-timeline-2021.724984/

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
If it's DM it probably means you have to pick it up in-person. I believe they will contact you to arrange the pick up. Offices are closed or work in limited capacity. So, this may take awhile. Did you meet the the physical presence requirements? travelled for long period of times ... etc?

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Not sure what DM means but I have been told that it is with Etobicoke office for 'further / in-depth review' since mid Mar 21.
Hi. Do you know why they have sent your file for secondary review?
Last time since I had too many travels out of Canada and since the days I was in Canada was just a little more than 2 years, I was condemned to secondary review. Do you have a similar case?

aqleemj

Oct 21, 2011
Hi. Do you know why they have sent your file for secondary review?
Last time since I had too many travels out of Canada and since the days I was in Canada was just a little more than 2 years, I was condemned to secondary review. Do you have a similar case?
Hi Cameron. yes, it is similar case, I have too many travels (like every month) due to my work. I think there would be a mismatch bw my and Border Agency records. but I have not travelled more than one year now due to covid and now even eligible for citizenship application .... not sure I go for it or wait for my PR Card to be resolved :(