+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much savings are needed to sponsor someone?

Franked91

May 18, 2023
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my spouse to come live in Canada but I am worried we are too broke to make it happen.

To keep it short, we are both unemployed with only a few savings of 30k $ CAD.

Would this be enough funds to be accepted?

We plan to live at my parents house for no cost so we can easily support ourselves for 3 years, but we feel like the immigration officer would not be convinced due to our lack of income.

My family pays us for housework, gardening, and DIY jobs but it's not really official work or reliable income.

Will they consider the whole picture or just outright refuse us?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I would like to sponsor my spouse to come live in Canada but I am worried we are too broke to make it happen.

We plan to live at my parents house for no cost so we can easily support ourselves for 3 years, but we feel like the immigration officer would not be convinced due to our lack of income.

My family pays us for housework, gardening, and DIY jobs but it's not really official work or reliable income.

Thanks
You should be fine as long as you are not on social assistance.

Franked91

May 18, 2023
Good to hear that, thanks. We are not on social assistance.

Do you know the exact amount that is needed to sponsor someone?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good to hear that, thanks. We are not on social assistance.

Do you know the exact amount that is needed to sponsor someone?
There is no number of spousal sponsorship.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

Thanks
You should be fine with some savings, support from parents for free accomodation and not cliaming any social assistance.
And eventually after you and your spouse moved to Canada, you can find work to support yourself. Living at your parents and using the savings is only temporary.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hello,

Thanks
As others have said, there's no official amount of savings. Something you can do to help strengthen your application is to show proof that you are looking for work in Canada, and/or doing what needs to be done to get credentials accepted in Canada. Are you both outside of Canada? Fwiw, we had similar savings when my husband sponsored me. He showed extensive job applications in Canada and we had no issues.