+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much is processing time???? Plz Help!

imrann

Nov 6, 2008
I applied in May, 2008. My client application states that we started processing your application on 31 May, 2008. I am getting the same status since then. I need to know that how much time it would take for my application to get processed and be ready for decision?

One of my friend told me that "You really seem to be the lucky one. Your online status is only available after they have started to processing your application. It takes 2 years plus for the application to start processing." Is this true????

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Imrann

This to was a question i faced and there does not seem to be any clear cut answers. The time frames varies from center to center. The following is based on my experience. i too was naive in thinking it was a fairly simple time frame and was shocked with the lengthy process it is taking. I guess it goes to show how extremely popular Canada is as a migrants dream.

I applied in Jan 07 and got AOR in Feb 07. The letter i got also stated we will only process your file within 18 to 24 months so let us know if you want to withdraw and receive a full refund. That letter stated that i would eventually receive another letter and would be given 4 months to compile my documents.

Since Feb 07 my status has been " In Process " - By clicking on the link - It states "we started processing your application in Feb 07". i believe that once you receive an AOR then you go into the system with " in process " but nothing happens till your file reaches the top of the queue.

I finally received a request for updated documentation in Sep 08 and instead of the 4 months previously mentioned , i had to provide it within 60 days. i believe those applying through London have 90 days.
and have sent it but my status is still " in Process ".

From what i have gathered on this site and another , i should expect to get a medical and PCC request dated 60 or 90 days after the update letter.
Then it is another 1 year to wait at most. In most cases maximum wait is about 1 year from the date on which medical was done. Regardless of when the visa is issued , the expiry of the visa is will be 1 year from the medical date. So if the visa isn't issued you need to retake the medical.

My suggestion is to use the time to prepare for IELTS and collect documentation they ask for. Birth certificates , degrees , academic transcripts etc

Hope this helps.
cheers

imrann

Nov 6, 2008
Dear Sisifo,

I am very grateful to the detailed reply of my post.

The wait is undoubtedly painful. But still the time for u has been quite less as compared to other ppl facing 5 to 6 years.

I am seriously thinking to apply for Australian immigration then to go for Canada. What do u suggest?

The Canadians also failed to publish occupation, the promised, priority occupation listing.

Regards,
Imrann

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Imrann

I do not believe Australian PR/Citizenship will help you go to Canada faster. It will just make visiting Canada easier as a visitor. Australian citizens do not need visa to enter Canada as a visitor.

Once in Australia and you want to migrate to Canada , you will go into a queue like everyone else. I remember reading somewhere about someone who had applied this year to the Sydney office. She got back a letter saying it would take 36 months to process their application. Mine had said 24 months and hence in 1 year the processing time increased by 12 months for Sydney office. So it is a gamble you take about how long it will take the Syd office to process when you apply

In the end if your ultimate goal is to go to Canada , it may be quicker to just bid your time and wait out the frustratingly long wait :)

cheers