+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much funds to show for visitor visa for Parents

Feb 26, 2019
Hello,
I am planning to sponsor visitor visa for my parents for 5months. Do I need to show funds (my bank statement) covering expenses for all the 5months of their stay ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am planning to sponsor visitor visa for my parents for 5months. Do I need to show funds (my bank statement) covering expenses for all the 5months of their stay ?
It's your parents are the applicants who would need to show funds (not you)!

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
5 months is a long visit so they need to show their own funds and bank accounts. Are you a PR or citizen? If so consider a supervisa so your funds are included.

Feb 26, 2019
5 months is a long visit so they need to show their own funds and bank accounts. Are you a PR or citizen? If so consider a supervisa so your funds are included.
I am on Post-graduate work permit.
If it is less than 5months (say 2months) then showing only my funds will support their application ? if yes, then will $4000 should be enough to show in my account ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If it is less than 5months (say 2months) then showing only my funds will support their application ? if yes, then will $4000 should be enough to show in my account ?
No they need to show their own funds & $4K is low if you factor in airfare, travel insurance too. They need to show ties to home, travel history & reasons to travel.

Feb 26, 2019
Irrespective of duration of visit, applicant(s) must show funds.
Applicants do not work now as they retired from job. I am inviting them for visiting Canada, and helping them with all their expenses here, so I thought I should be showing my finances (funds) as applicants cannot show any funds.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants do not work now as they retired from job. I am inviting them for visiting Canada, and helping them with all their expenses here, so I thought I should be showing my finances (funds) as applicants cannot show any funds.
Many retirees and unemployed don't work but have savings and investment accounts.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They still must show their own funds. So you must include their bank statements, pensions, investments, property etc. And $4k is too low for a 2 month visit after paying airfare and insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On a PGWP I would not recommend that your parents ask to visit you for 5 months. Your parents should be able to show that they have their own funds and assets to support a visit Canada.

Feb 26, 2019
On a PGWP I would not recommend that your parents ask to visit you for 5 months. Your parents should be able to show that they have their own funds and assets to support a visit Canada.
5 months was just an estimate I thought to get some information, but its actually for 1month or 2months of visit